Any news from Skadden NY after callbacks?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Any news from Skadden NY after callbacks?

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:34 pm

I wanted to follow-up with any 3L who has recently done a callback with Skadden NY. Has anyone heard back, and if yes, does the office ding by email or snail mail? Also, does anyone know when they usually meet to decide on offers?

Thanks!

Anonymous User

Re: Any news from Skadden NY after callbacks?

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:06 pm

In the same boat. Any word?

bdubs

Postby bdubs » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:47 pm

NVM

ETA:Sorry, I just realized you were asking about 3L recruiting.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:33 am

3L here. I had a CB in early September and received an offer three business days later. They actually told me I would probably hear in two business days and that if I did not, it was probably a ding because "bad news travels slower than good news" so I was pretty distraught when the second day ended and I hadn't heard anything. Then on the evening of the third day I got the call. I thought since it was 3L hiring that they would want to wait until all CBs were done and consider everyone at the same time but they were doing rolling offers. Because they are doing rolling offers, I think all the usual stuff applies (you aren't dinged until you have the ding in hand; you might be on a waiting list, etc).

If it has been like a week since the CB, you could just go ahead and call recruiting and ask. I had an offer from my summer firm that I had kept open for awhile, and I told them this and asked about the timeline while I was on my CB, and they said they understood and that if I hadn't heard pretty quickly, then go ahead and give them a call and they would tell me if a decision had been made.

If you do get an offer and decide to take it, come back and bump this thread. Good luck!

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:57 am

Snail mail ding 3 weeks after callback. Can people please also post whether they interviewed for litigation or corporate? I was lit, thought the interview went well and now wondering whether it really didn't or they just ran out of room in their first-year class for lit.

I was told I'd hear in a week so it seems like there was some sort of hold pile. No idea when the committee meets though.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:00 pm

I got an offer for corporate but know someone with an offer for lit. They told me they are "actively" hiring for both although they are not hiring for all subgroups within corporate, not sure about subgroups within lit. Did you have an NYC SA? The one common thing about the admittedly small group of people I know with offers is that they all had NYC SAs. But all the people I met when I was interviewing didn't have them, so who knows?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:37 pm

Of the people who got dings, what was the date on the letter? Did they ding you right away and it took three weeks to get the letter or were you dinged a few days before you received the letter?

Return to “Legal Employment”