Cliff Chance v. Linklaters?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Cliff Chance v. Linklaters?

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:40 pm

Both offers in NYC. Interested in corporate work (LL strength) and finance (CC strength).

They seem similar in almost every regard (SA offer rates; SA class size; NYC QOL; secondment policies; etc), have both gone through rather bloody restructurings recently, and trade top spots in the global M&A deal volume/deal value league tables. Is there anything besides 'feel' to go on here?

thanks all!

Anonymous User

Re: Cliff Chance v. Linklaters?

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:25 pm

In general, CC and A&O are considered the "pairs", culturally and in terms of strengths. LL and FF are the other pair. I think CC is slightly better known for its transactional work, but LL seems a little more international (in that it can place you in pretty much any office when you start as an associate, although you can rank preferences). I know CC has a rotation program for your first 18 months, which many people like, dunno about Links. I would go with the one where you like the culture better. LL is a little bit more casual, I think, but some people I know have called it fratty. On the other hand, others have called CC stiff. So it's your call.

Anonymous User

Re: Cliff Chance v. Linklaters?

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:29 pm

Anonymous User wrote: LL is a little bit more casual, I think, but some people I know have called it fratty.

Maybe a nerd frat.

Return to “Legal Employment”