NY IP ?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

NY IP ?

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:38 pm

Fitzpatrick vs. Kaye Scholer

Any suggestions/advice?

Anonymous User

Re: NY IP ?

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:53 pm

Fitzy-poo. Bad reputation work wise of Kaye, and I cannot imagine them having better IP than firzpatrick.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:54 pm

I'd go with Kaye.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:51 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Fitzpatrick vs. Kaye Scholer

Any suggestions/advice?

Also got offered at Kaye, but choosing a different firm only for geographical reasons. Seems like a great place if you're not 100% sold on IP, want to try out a bunch of life sciences stuff, or want to focus pretty much on the life sciences industry.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:07 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Fitzpatrick vs. Kaye Scholer

Any suggestions/advice?

Also got offered at Kaye, but choosing a different firm only for geographical reasons. Seems like a great place if you're not 100% sold on IP, want to try out a bunch of life sciences stuff, or want to focus pretty much on the life sciences industry.

This is the first anon who suggested Kaye -- I agree with this poster's rationale; if there's even a small chance that you would like to do something other than IP, I would go with Kaye

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:47 am

I was at Kaye this past summer. No bad reputation lifestyle-wise (however, that's compared to other big NYC firms; which means it's not going to be a picnic, but I don't know if Fitz will be either) and yes, you can do other work besides IP. Downside is that the IP group appears to be shrinking as a major partner basically decided to start a boutique with a few people (though only one other partner from Kaye). This on the heels of part of the group going to K&E this past summer.

So I think Fitz would probably be better if you want a top IP group and only want to do IP, and Kaye would be better if you're want to try litigation or transactional work that isn't IP (or IP work that isn't strictly patent work as they have some soft IP work as well).

Return to “Legal Employment”