Third round interview with prosecutor's office Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
pizzapizza

New

Third round interview with prosecutor's office

Post by pizzapizza » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:19 am

Just had a third round interview with an urban prosecutor's office. Met with the head prosecutor...did I just get a job? How often do individuals make it that far in the interview process just to get get dinged?

Cheers

Geist13

Silver

Re: Third round interview with prosecutor's office

Post by Geist13 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:32 am

Last year, in Brooklyn, only half of third round interviews got offers. All of third round interviews were conducted one on one with the DA. So no, you did not just get a job. You get a job when they tell you you have a job. Why would they waste their valuable time to interview you if they were just going to give you a job anyway? They wouldn't.

pizzapizza

New

Post by pizzapizza » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:50 am

I called back a few days after the interview to send in some forms and the person in charge of recruiting told me the head DA really likes me and wants to make an offer. during the third round interview the head prosecutor said there are "a number of reasons he wants to make me an offer" . but geez, 50/50 odds eh? thats pretty rough. Guess I shouldnt get my hopes up just yet.

somewhatwayward

Silver

Post by somewhatwayward » Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:06 am

Including some of that other info in your first post would have been helpful...just meeting with the head prosecutor doesn't mean anything, but him telling you he has many reasons he wants to make you an offer probably increases the chances, but honestly interviewers seem to tell people they are going to hire them more often than the people are actually hired, so really you just have to wait until you get the call (or rejection letter).

pizzapizza

New

Post by pizzapizza » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:37 am

Yea...I didnt realize that even after making it that far in the interview process at a prosecutor's office the odds of getting an offer are still so slim. I imgagined that the interview with the head prosecutor was more of a formality than anything else. After all, if the head prosecutor likes you, why wouldnt you get the job? Theyre the boss after all! Keeping my fingers and toes crossed until I get final word.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Geist13

Silver

Post by Geist13 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:19 pm

pizzapizza wrote:I imgagined that the interview with the head prosecutor was more of a formality than anything else. After all, if the head prosecutor likes you, why wouldnt you get the job? Theyre the boss after all!
Dude, they have to interview you to know whether they like you or not, meaning it is anything but a formality. But as you said he apparently likes you. Also when it comes to a DA's office the DA is not the boss. Whether or not there is $$ is the boss.

Rocío

Bronze

Post by Rocío » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:57 pm

pizzapizza wrote:Yea...I didnt realize that even after making it that far in the interview process at a prosecutor's office the odds of getting an offer are still so slim. I imgagined that the interview with the head prosecutor was more of a formality than anything else. After all, if the head prosecutor likes you, why wouldnt you get the job? Theyre the boss after all! Keeping my fingers and toes crossed until I get final word.
It really depends on the office. For instance, at CPCS (the MA public defender office), any 2012 grads who made it third interview with the head of hiring this past spring got an offer, so this final interview seemed to be merely a formality. But it's great you made it to the third and final interview - good luck!

pizzapizza

New

Post by pizzapizza » Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:46 pm

It really depends on the office. For instance, at CPCS (the MA public defender office), any 2012 grads who made it third interview with the head of hiring this past spring got an offer, so this final interview seemed to be merely a formality. But it's great you made it to the third and final interview - good luck!
This! I've heard that this is how it works at Manhattan DA as well too? Unfortunately I dont know any recent hires at this prosecutor's office so I dont know which way they handle things.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”