Skadden or Cravath for Tax?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

Skadden or Cravath?

Skadden
92%
Cravath
8%

Total votes: 12

Anonymous User

Skadden or Cravath for Tax?

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:15 pm

Sorry for another of these obnoxious poll threads, but I'm on the verge of accepting Cravath and I wanted to submit my situation to the judgment of the hive mind.

Pretty sure that I want to do tax after the summer. There's also a significant possibility that I'll want to work in a city other than New York after graduation, so to some extent I'll be summering in New York just to see what it's like.

If I do end up practicing in New York, will either one of these provide me with a significantly better lifestyle or significantly better exit options? Also, does anyone know how Cravath's incredibly high leverage in the tax department (higher than in the corporate department, and much higher than is normal in tax) translates into practice?

Thanks!

ph14

Re: Skadden or Cravath for Tax?

Postby ph14 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:17 pm

Skadden

Anonymous User

Re: Skadden or Cravath for Tax?

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:01 pm

Skadden

Return to “Legal Employment”