Importance of being first choice

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Importance of being first choice

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:07 pm

How important is being the first choice (or part of the first set of offers) at Firm 1 as opposed to being part of a second batch of offers at Firm 2? I enjoyed my visit to Firm 2; however, they clearly liked others more. Anybody pick Firm 2 and then feel like Marcia Brady?

Siamsa414

Re: Importance of being first choice

Postby Siamsa414 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:10 pm

You wouldn't be worried about feeling like Marcia; she was the hot older sister everyone loved. You should worry about being Jan Brady instead.

That said, I doubt that anyone will remember whether you were a top pick past your first few weeks if you do good work.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:12 pm

OP here. Ah Jan. I had Marcia on my mind - she's hot.

PlessFightsFire

Postby PlessFightsFire » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:29 pm

I'm glad you have two offers

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:55 pm

I was in the second (or later) batch of offers at the firm I was at this summer. I didn't even have an offer at the time of the offer dinner. Really, it doesn't matter. It never came up once during the summer, never was awkward, nothing like that. Don't feel this should affect your decision making process at all.

Return to “Legal Employment”