DOJ Tax

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

DOJ Tax

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:04 pm

Anybody know what this group is like? How are the exit options for firms or USAO?

Anonymous User

Re: DOJ Tax

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:33 pm

I was a paralegal for DOJ Tax. Exit options for firms appeared to be good. That's where most people went from what I could tell. USAO was not common, but I recall at least one person going there. That's more so a reflection of the limited availability of USAO positions compared to firms, though -- there are many more options for going to private practice compared to firms. I worked at a large DC firm, as well, and the recruiting coordinator spoke very highly of recruiting DOJ attorneys. (Most DOJ attorneys could have gotten biglaw if they wanted). There was not a lot of turnover when I was there.

I'm not sure how to answer your first question. New attorneys had lots of responsibility but also supervisors who seemed to mentor well. The quality of the job is going to depend on who you work with. In any organization, there are bound to be some bad apples. People at DOJ Tax were great overall.

It's a big group, so it's difficult to give specific questions. I mean, there are multiple sections, each with their own supervisors. Keep in mind that if you go with a regional section, you may be traveling to that region quite a bit. I think CFC section travels less, but it can vary on the case.

Return to “Legal Employment”