offer dinner attire? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

offer dinner attire?

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:45 am

business casual? what do you usually wear to an offer dinner?

Anonymous User

Re: offer dinner attire?

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:52 am

I would wear a suit, you can always lose the tie if people are dressed more business casual.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:00 pm

I would wear a suit, you can always lose the tie if people are dressed more business casual.
TCR. Unless specifically instructed on a dress level (in which case, of course, go with that), your safest bet is to wear a suit. It's easy to make an outfit look more casual, but hard to make one look more formal. Like the poster said, if you walk in and everyone is business casual, just drop the tie and you'll fit in fine.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:11 pm

I've been to a bunch and they've all been business casual. I'm not sure I'd even want to work somewhere where the attorneys can't be a little more casual for one night.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:30 pm

I wore a suit. I'd say the associates/partners were in a mix of business casual/formal. I don't think you can go wrong either way but I'd wear a suit just to be safe.

aces

Bronze

Post by aces » Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:09 pm

You already have the offer, so the "just to be safe" stuff is overwrought, I think. In my experience there's usually a mix of suits without ties and button-downs/khakis (and their equivalents for women), so as long as you neatly fit into the business casual category, you'll be fine. This should really not be a stressful decision-- do whatever you like, within reason.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”