following up?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

following up?

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:59 pm

A few questions about following up with firms post- callback

1) if you haven't heard from a firm for a long while after the cb is there any benefit to emailing to express your continued interest or does this always lead to a prompt ding ( if you dont have another offer already you are telling them about)?

2) if so, what is the appropriate amount of time to wait post cb to email?

thanks!

Anonymous User

Re: following up?

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:15 pm

I've done it a few times. It hasn't led to a 'prompt ding', mostly it just makes you feel like you are doing something. I think we want to do it because we feel powerless and removed waiting. I think it can likely only do harm to your chances (but probably pretty small degrees of harm) and can make you feel better about your chances if you get a reply.

If you must, I'd wait a month, maybe longer.

TL;DR - Probably doesn't matter, do it if you really need to feel better about yourself.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:19 pm

My CSO recommended that I do it for one firm 1.5 weeks after CB. Firm is top choice.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:25 pm

Anonymous User wrote:My CSO recommended that I do it for one firm 1.5 weeks after CB. Firm is top choice.

did they suggest what to say? my top choice was 2 weeks ago and im thinking about sending a follow up email but not entirely sure what to say...

Return to “Legal Employment”