Herbert Smith LLP opening NY office for Lit?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273572
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Herbert Smith LLP opening NY office for Lit?

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:41 am

Bump. Any further info? Did a screener last week...

Anonymous User
Posts: 273572
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Herbert Smith LLP opening NY office for Lit?

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:38 pm

Did anyone who did a screener last week get a CB yet?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273572
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Herbert Smith LLP opening NY office for Lit?

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:12 am

Anonymous User wrote:Did anyone who did a screener last week get a CB yet?

Does anyone have an idea of what the turnaround time would be for CB?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273572
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Herbert Smith LLP opening NY office for Lit?

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:19 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Did anyone who did a screener last week get a CB yet?

Does anyone have an idea of what the turnaround time would be for CB?

Do u mean from screener---> CB, or CB--->offer

Anonymous User
Posts: 273572
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Herbert Smith LLP opening NY office for Lit?

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:12 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Did anyone who did a screener last week get a CB yet?

Does anyone have an idea of what the turnaround time would be for CB?

Do u mean from screener---> CB, or CB--->offer

I meant screener to CB. I'm not sure any CBs have happened yet.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273572
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Herbert Smith LLP opening NY office for Lit?

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:21 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Did anyone who did a screener last week get a CB yet?

Does anyone have an idea of what the turnaround time would be for CB?

Do u mean from screener---> CB, or CB--->offer

I meant screener to CB. I'm not sure any CBs have happened yet.


I got the sense it would take a week or so, although a poster above claims they were told it wud be a while. Do we have an idea of the rough stats they r looking for?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273572
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Herbert Smith LLP opening NY office for Lit?

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:34 pm

I meant screener to CB. I'm not sure any CBs have happened yet.[/quote]

I got the sense it would take a week or so, although a poster above claims they were told it wud be a while. Do we have an idea of the rough stats they r looking for?[/quote]
I also got the sense that it would take around a week or so, based on the idea that they were doing the phone screeners to see if people were interested/would be a good match. I wouldn't guess it would take long to weed through people in that sense. Then maybe the actual CB, CB to offer time would be longer. I don't think they're even sure what they're looking for. I'm at a lower T-14, top 30-40% and my screener said I had great grades. Maybe he was just being nice, but I got the sense that they weren't super picky grade-wise, but maybe interest/other experience mattered more. I have no idea how many summers they're even looking for (I'm not sure they know either).

Anonymous User
Posts: 273572
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Herbert Smith LLP opening NY office for Lit?

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:19 pm

Any luck for anyone who mass mailed, or have only the resume collect people heard back?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273572
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Herbert Smith LLP opening NY office for Lit?

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:30 pm

Got an invite this week for an in office interview. They haven't gotten back to me with an exact date yet, but looking like the end of October, possibly going into Nov. Not sure if they're just taking their time or if they're doing a bunch of them and earlier dates filled up.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273572
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Herbert Smith LLP opening NY office for Lit?

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:08 am

Anonymous User wrote:Got an invite this week for an in office interview. They haven't gotten back to me with an exact date yet, but looking like the end of October, possibly going into Nov. Not sure if they're just taking their time or if they're doing a bunch of them and earlier dates filled up.


Was this a screener or callback? Also, was this part of a prior development (10/1 email, phone screener)?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273572
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Herbert Smith LLP opening NY office for Lit?

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:14 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Got an invite this week for an in office interview. They haven't gotten back to me with an exact date yet, but looking like the end of October, possibly going into Nov. Not sure if they're just taking their time or if they're doing a bunch of them and earlier dates filled up.


Was this a screener or callback? Also, was this part of a prior development (10/1 email, phone screener)?

Quoted poster here. This was the result of a 10/1 email, then a 20 minute phone interview the first week of October, then an email about a week later inviting me to come into the office- sometime toward the end of Oct.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273572
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Herbert Smith LLP opening NY office for Lit?

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:52 pm

Are they hiring any 3Ls?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273572
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Herbert Smith LLP opening NY office for Lit?

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:11 am

Has anyone who applied after 10/1 heard anything?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273572
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Herbert Smith LLP opening NY office for Lit?

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:07 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Got an invite this week for an in office interview. They haven't gotten back to me with an exact date yet, but looking like the end of October, possibly going into Nov. Not sure if they're just taking their time or if they're doing a bunch of them and earlier dates filled up.


Was this a screener or callback? Also, was this part of a prior development (10/1 email, phone screener)?

Quoted poster here. This was the result of a 10/1 email, then a 20 minute phone interview the first week of October, then an email about a week later inviting me to come into the office- sometime toward the end of Oct.


I had a similar experience. Any idea if this interview in Oct./Nov. is a callback or a second screener?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273572
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Herbert Smith LLP opening NY office for Lit?

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:52 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Got an invite this week for an in office interview. They haven't gotten back to me with an exact date yet, but looking like the end of October, possibly going into Nov. Not sure if they're just taking their time or if they're doing a bunch of them and earlier dates filled up.


Was this a screener or callback? Also, was this part of a prior development (10/1 email, phone screener)?

Quoted poster here. This was the result of a 10/1 email, then a 20 minute phone interview the first week of October, then an email about a week later inviting me to come into the office- sometime toward the end of Oct.


I had a similar experience. Any idea if this interview in Oct./Nov. is a callback or a second screener?

I assumed CB, but not sure what they're process is. I'm curious if anyone has any idea how many people they're bringing in/how many they're looking to hire.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273572
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Herbert Smith LLP opening NY office for Lit?

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:00 am

Bumping this. Has anyone gotten any news lately? Has anyone been into the office for an interview yet?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273572
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Herbert Smith LLP opening NY office for Lit?

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:46 am

Anonymous User wrote:Bumping this. Has anyone gotten any news lately? Has anyone been into the office for an interview yet?


yes. i have. have you as well
?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273572
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Herbert Smith LLP opening NY office for Lit?

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:52 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Bumping this. Has anyone gotten any news lately? Has anyone been into the office for an interview yet?


yes. i have. have you as well
?

Not yet. Got pushed back due to hurricane sandy. Do you have any idea of a timeline for their hiring? Or how many people they're bringing in?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273572
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Herbert Smith LLP opening NY office for Lit?

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:10 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Bumping this. Has anyone gotten any news lately? Has anyone been into the office for an interview yet?


yes. i have. have you as well
?

Not yet. Got pushed back due to hurricane sandy. Do you have any idea of a timeline for their hiring? Or how many people they're bringing in?


Their hiring seems like it is up in the air, meaning it could take weeks or months. I am not 100 percent sure, but I had the impression that several other people were in for interviews the day I was there and that they were expecting to bring in one or two SA's. I had a phone screener and then a longer screener in office and was told that step 3 was a case study and interview with partners and then a review by the hiring team.

Very hard to get a read on what they are looking for. Best of luck.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273572
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Herbert Smith LLP opening NY office for Lit?

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:42 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Bumping this. Has anyone gotten any news lately? Has anyone been into the office for an interview yet?


yes. i have. have you as well
?

Not yet. Got pushed back due to hurricane sandy. Do you have any idea of a timeline for their hiring? Or how many people they're bringing in?


Their hiring seems like it is up in the air, meaning it could take weeks or months. I am not 100 percent sure, but I had the impression that several other people were in for interviews the day I was there and that they were expecting to bring in one or two SA's. I had a phone screener and then a longer screener in office and was told that step 3 was a case study and interview with partners and then a review by the hiring team.

Very hard to get a read on what they are looking for. Best of luck.


Just wanted to confirm that they have a three step process rather than a 2 step like most US firms?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273572
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Herbert Smith LLP opening NY office for Lit?

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:33 am

They were still accepting resumes at my school on 11/28. Has anyone (or anyone you know) progressed any further in the interview process or received an offer from HSF?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273572
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Herbert Smith LLP opening NY office for Lit?

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:18 pm

Anonymous User wrote:They were still accepting resumes at my school on 11/28. Has anyone (or anyone you know) progressed any further in the interview process or received an offer from HSF?


For their NYC program or London US Securities program?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273572
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Herbert Smith LLP opening NY office for Lit?

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:05 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:They were still accepting resumes at my school on 11/28. Has anyone (or anyone you know) progressed any further in the interview process or received an offer from HSF?


For their NYC program or London US Securities program?


NYC program

Anonymous User
Posts: 273572
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Herbert Smith LLP opening NY office for Lit?

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:46 pm

anyone ended up getting an offer here?




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.