Kirkland SF

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Kirkland SF

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:21 am

Anyone know anything about this office? Culture? How miserable?

fl0w

Re: Kirkland SF

Postby fl0w » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:46 am

past summers in that office have indicated that the summer experience is amazing, but the be slave drivers once you come into the fold. Very fratty culture. People working in the office all hours of the night, etc.

Sounded like pretty miserable. Alternatively sounded like NYC style. Which is what you come to SF to get away from.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:24 pm

Shameless bump...

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:07 am

Each of the groups has different cultures and hours. If you've got an offer, ask them to put you in touch with summer associates from your school or ask to talk to associates.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:24 am

I can say, based on limited experience, that the IP litigators can be a bit miserable. Of course, I could have just been there during a particularly stressful time, but my impression scared me away from them.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:13 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I can say, based on limited experience, that the IP litigators can be a bit miserable. Of course, I could have just been there during a particularly stressful time, but my impression scared me away from them.

I had the complete opposite experience. What's your basis for "miserable"?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:16 pm

Have worked there. Which group you looking at?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:41 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I can say, based on limited experience, that the IP litigators can be a bit miserable. Of course, I could have just been there during a particularly stressful time, but my impression scared me away from them.

Looked and sounded very exhausted, did not seem to want to be doing the interview right from the get-go. It's possible I made a bad impression early on and they just did not want to interview me, but I'm just conveying my impression of them. I should note that this doesn't apply to everyone I talked to, but definitely half of them.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:50 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Looked and sounded very exhausted, did not seem to want to be doing the interview right from the get-go. It's possible I made a bad impression early on and they just did not want to interview me, but I'm just conveying my impression of them. I should note that this doesn't apply to everyone I talked to, but definitely half of them.

That sounds like pretty limited experience. I don't think you can judge their general happiness on how excited they are about their tenth law student interview that week.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:39 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

That sounds like pretty limited experience. I don't think you can judge their general happiness on how excited they are about their tenth law student interview that week.

Probably not. Just sharing my experience. The anon who posted above that he's worked there would undoubtedly be a better resource.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:41 pm

bump. any more ideas?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:08 pm

Anonymous User wrote:bump. any more ideas?

what group? what are you looking for in particular?

Return to “Legal Employment”