PMF Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

PMF

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:43 pm

Anyone know what's going on with this program this year with the new "streamlined" executive order?

Anonymous User

Re: PMF

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:16 pm

i signed up for the listserv, and they sent me an email in late august that said this:
Presidential Management Fellows (PMF) Program: For more than three decades, the PMF Program has been the Federal Government’s premier leadership development program for advanced degree candidates. Application for the PMF Class of 2013 will be open to individuals who will receive an advanced degree by August 31, 2013, or have received a qualifying advanced degree within the preceding two years when the announcement opens later this fall. We will soon be updating the PMF website (http://www.pmf.gov) to reflect the new Pathways regulations and 2013 application.

the lantern

Bronze

Post by the lantern » Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:00 am

I'm not sure if this is what you already know or not, but basically there is no longer any nomination process. Instead, you first take an online assessment which is supposedly some sort of personality test. It gauges what you would do in different situations, figuring out what kind of personality you have. It also measures consistency when the questions are worded differently. After that assessment, a lot of people will get cast off, and the next stage will be a short interview. In the past, there have been all day interviews with a bunch of different exercises (including exercises with other interviewees). This no longer exists, and PMF will use a more conventional interview. If you make it past the assessment and past the interview, you will be a finalist, and you can go to the job fair and apply through USA Jobs.

If you have any specific questions, I can try to answer them. We just had a PMF briefing at our school last week, and I've been meeting with my CSO a lot re: PMF.

isayixnayhearsay

New

Post by isayixnayhearsay » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:43 am

Is the application for PMF up yet? How do you apply?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”