Boies Schiller Bonus and No-Offer Rate? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Boies Schiller Bonus and No-Offer Rate?

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:12 am

Hi,

I have been offered a Boies Schiller Summer Associateship in Oakland, CA. Two questions:

(1) Does anyone know how much first year and second year associates make in bonuses (I was told it was consistent with NYC market in Oakland)? (I know it's dependent on how much you bill, but I was wondering if there was any clarity in how the calculation works?)

Edited to add: In 2009: http://abovethelaw.com/2009/12/associat ... -salaries/

(2) What is the offer-rate for SAs in BSF Oakland? I don't wanna be in a situation where I don't have a full-time offer after LS.

Thanks!

Anonymous User

Re: Boies Schiller Bonus and No-Offer Rate?

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:22 am

Are you mad?

1) The bonus structure is easier to understand than any firm on earth. You make 1/3 of what you bill. Minus your salary. Since law is functionally a pyramid scheme...that's a lot of money. Much more than you will find at pretty much any other firm.

2) The offer rate is likely not even close to significant given that the office is so small. If you got an offer there then you are probably brilliant. Best not to undercut that assumption by asking this question.

If you want to do litigation I don't understand why this is a question.

Anonymous User

Re: Boies Schiller Bonus and No-Offer Rate?

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:48 am

They no-offered at least one person last summer.

Source: the BSF partner who interviewed me at on-campus interviews (said the unfortunate soul was a jerk).

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”