Arnold & Porter DC

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273135
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Arnold & Porter DC

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:06 pm

Anyone have a CB here? Get an offer?? Know what's going on?

From what I heard, callback invitations here pretty much amount to offers and callback decisions are done by a hiring committee. So i figured the process would take longer. I did a screener and haven't heard back. Was looking for information.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273135
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Arnold & Porter DC

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:09 pm

Know of several people who have done A+P DC callbacks this season and have gotten denied (MVP), so it's certainly not an auto offer. Dings have come via snail mail about 1-2 weeks after.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273135
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Arnold & Porter DC

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:25 pm

I can confirm for you that it is not an auto offer.
Top 10% & LR at a t15-20.
Did an A&P DC callback a week or two ago. Dinged.
For reference I have offers at Sidley, Gibson, and Hogan, among other well established D.C. offices, so I think it was more a function of them being picky than me being a horrible interviewer.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273135
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Arnold & Porter DC

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:33 pm

OP here. Interesting. My interviewer told me the above blurb. So maybe it depends by school? I am in a T15-T20 if that makes any difference.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273135
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Arnold & Porter DC

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:24 pm

Anonymous User wrote:OP here. Interesting. My interviewer told me the above blurb. So maybe it depends by school? I am in a T15-T20 if that makes any difference.


Plausible. I was the anon above and will just go ahead and say I'm at GWU. Since we're local and they're not footing the travel bills, maybe they're far less picky about CBs.
Best of luck either way.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273135
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Arnold & Porter DC

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:46 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:OP here. Interesting. My interviewer told me the above blurb. So maybe it depends by school? I am in a T15-T20 if that makes any difference.


Plausible. I was the anon above and will just go ahead and say I'm at GWU. Since we're local and they're not footing the travel bills, maybe they're far less picky about CBs.
Best of luck either way.


I believe A&P DC did a lot of screeners at Columbia last year and gave no callbacks, so that might support your theory. That said, it's going on 2 weeks since my callback so I'm grasping at straws :)

Anonymous User
Posts: 273135
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Arnold & Porter DC

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:39 pm

SLS 2L here. I know someone who got offers at all of his callbacks last year except A&P (including some that were generally considered more prestigious). So I don't think a CB there definitely = an offer, even for someone who interviews well. I'm still hoping for them though!

Anonymous User
Posts: 273135
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Arnold & Porter DC

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:43 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:OP here. Interesting. My interviewer told me the above blurb. So maybe it depends by school? I am in a T15-T20 if that makes any difference.


Plausible. I was the anon above and will just go ahead and say I'm at GWU. Since we're local and they're not footing the travel bills, maybe they're far less picky about CBs.
Best of luck either way.


I believe A&P DC did a lot of screeners at Columbia last year and gave no callbacks, so that might support your theory. That said, it's going on 2 weeks since my callback so I'm grasping at straws :)


The bold is incorrect considering there were SAs from Columbia this past summer.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273135
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Arnold & Porter DC

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:59 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:OP here. Interesting. My interviewer told me the above blurb. So maybe it depends by school? I am in a T15-T20 if that makes any difference.


Plausible. I was the anon above and will just go ahead and say I'm at GWU. Since we're local and they're not footing the travel bills, maybe they're far less picky about CBs.
Best of luck either way.


I believe A&P DC did a lot of screeners at Columbia last year and gave no callbacks, so that might support your theory. That said, it's going on 2 weeks since my callback so I'm grasping at straws :)


The bold is incorrect considering there were SAs from Columbia this past summer.


Oh ok, I was just going by this: http://www.law.columbia.edu/null/downlo ... _id=611272

Anonymous User
Posts: 273135
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Arnold & Porter DC

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:05 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
I believe A&P DC did a lot of screeners at Columbia last year and gave no callbacks, so that might support your theory. That said, it's going on 2 weeks since my callback so I'm grasping at straws :)


The bold is incorrect considering there were SAs from Columbia this past summer.


Oh ok, I was just going by this:


They likely just never reported to career services or they got lumped into the NY office numbers. Just know that there were SAs in the DC office from Columbia. Also, I would not worry about a two week delay after a callback. It was about 3 weeks between my call back and getting an offer for last summer.

Good luck to those waiting on CBs and results from CBs.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273135
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Arnold & Porter DC

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:07 pm

For those who received A&P offers, how long after the CB did you get the offer call?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273135
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Arnold & Porter DC

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:16 pm

Anonymous User wrote:For those who received A&P offers, how long after the CB did you get the offer call?


A little over one week for me.




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.