Another Firm Job Before Start Date?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Another Firm Job Before Start Date?

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:01 am

The v-50 firm I worked for this summer offered me a full-time position to start in October. However, I want to try working at a different firm in another market first in the time between graduation and October. Do I need to tell my v-50 firm that I will be working at another firm before I join them? I'm not sure how the v-50 firm would respond.

Re: Another Firm Job Before Start Date?

Postby fatduck » Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:10 am

you don't necessarily need to tell the v-50 firm right away, but if you were to tell the v-50 firm, i don't think the v-50 firm would really mind, as long as it doesn't interfere with your start date at the v-50 firm.

keep in mind that you will eventually have to tell the v-50 firm about your previous work for conflict purposes at the v-50 firm, so it may be easier just to tell the v-50 firm now, before you start work at the v-50 firm.

Return to “Legal Employment”