Government Accountability Office Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Government Accountability Office

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:34 pm

Does anyone know the exit opportunities here? Does this qualify as Big Gov? Struck out at OCI, but received an offer here...

stewie27

Bronze

Re: Government Accountability Office

Post by stewie27 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:05 pm

Congrats on the offer! When did you hear/when did you interview with them? My impression was that they were one of the best chances in the gov of a 2L summer job leading to something more. I think my interviewer said their intention was to hire back all the summers, but you never know how if the budget might get slashed or something.
If you're bummed about missing out on firms, it's probably still not too late. I'm guessing you have decent credentials if you got a GAO offer.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:13 pm

OP here.

Got the offer a couple days ago. They said they are going to try to hire everyone for full time positions with GAO but they have been having some budget issues. In particular, I am wondering if this is a good organization and the exit opportunities, as I am not really familiar with the organization. And I don't have any firm offers, but I did multiple callbacks.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:22 pm

OP here.

Got the offer a couple days ago. They said they are going to try to hire everyone for full time positions with GAO but they have been having some budget issues. In particular, I am wondering if this is a good organization and the exit opportunities, as I am not really familiar with the organization. And I don't have any firm offers, but I did multiple callbacks.
Got offer few weeks ago too.

Fact that it's congressional rather than executive makes me think there's a bit more stability, although who knows really. For federal, the pay is great, and they also told me they were intending to hire all 5 of the SA's.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:38 pm

Does anyone know the exit opportunities here? Does this qualify as Big Gov? Struck out at OCI, but received an offer here...
If you "received an offer" during OCI (assuming you participated in GAO campus interviews), you didn't strike out.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:50 pm

How was your summer at GAO? Did it actually lead to a full time position? I'm a 2L and just received a GAO offer. I'm trying to figure out if this is the best spot for me.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”