LL, Sidley, JD

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

What firm? (All NY)

Linklaters
22%
Sidley
22%
Jones Day
56%
Shearman
No votes

Total votes: 9

Anonymous User

LL, Sidley, JD

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:45 am

Hi All. Trying to decide between Linklaters, Sidley, and Jones Day (all NYC). Looking to do corporate/transactional work but not dead set on any specific practice group. Travel opportunities are a plus but would also be perfectly content to just be in NY. I know Sidley and Jones Day are known for having more collegial/collaborative work environments, but I really liked the people I met with at all three, so playing the "based on people I've met" game hasn't been all that helpful in terms of distinguishing between the firms. I've read through some of the other polls (and the JD thread) but regardless seem to be failing in this comparison exercise - so any input would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Edit: I'm going to throw Shearman in the mix. Had my CB a while back so maybe not... but maybe?

Return to “Legal Employment”