Options

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
SoNorthern

Options

Postby SoNorthern » Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:55 pm

Offers from Jones Day, K&E, Willkie, Cahill, and Kramer Levin. All in NYC.

Really torn between K&E and Cahill. Feel like K&E has the prestige factor, but Cahill will afford me the chance for better work experience early on and to build more personal relationships. Thoughts?

ryanmot

Re: Options

Postby ryanmot » Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:59 pm

Do you have a preference between transactional and litigation?

SoNorthern

Postby SoNorthern » Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:04 am

Litigation.

K&E is great at it in many areas, but Cahill has the commercial side down pat as well and not to mention Floyd Abrams is there. Willkie has the culture thing going for it, but I was not in love with the place, and Jones Day is a monster.

Not to mention clerking after two years may be easier to do from K&E than the rest.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:18 am

Whatever you do, decide soon so maybe I can hear from Kramer Levin.

SoNorthern

Postby SoNorthern » Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:18 am

You got it.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:49 pm

SoNorthern wrote:Offers from Jones Day, K&E, Willkie, Cahill, and Kramer Levin. All in NYC.

Really torn between K&E and Cahill. Feel like K&E has the prestige factor, but Cahill will afford me the chance for better work experience early on and to build more personal relationships. Thoughts?

Don't get me wrong, I know a lot of people at Kirkland and it definitely has the prestige factor, but I definitely do have a lot of partner/client access and, what I find to be, a more interesting workload at CGR.

ryanmot

Postby ryanmot » Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:52 pm

SoNorthern wrote:Litigation.

K&E is great at it in many areas, but Cahill has the commercial side down pat as well and not to mention Floyd Abrams is there. Willkie has the culture thing going for it, but I was not in love with the place, and Jones Day is a monster.

Not to mention clerking after two years may be easier to do from K&E than the rest.

I'd say go with Jones Day or K&E if you liked one of them more in particular. Cahill is good if you really loved the visit as well. You've got some good litigation options: http://www.law360.com/whitecollar/artic ... se-counsel

Return to “Legal Employment”