Clifford Chance (NY)/Ropes and Gray (NY)/Sidley Austin (NY)

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

Clifford Chance (NY) v. Ropes and Gray (NY) v. Sidley Austin (NY)

Clifford Chance (NY)
31%
Ropes and Gray (NY)
38%
Sidley Austin (NY)
31%

Total votes: 13

Anonymous User

Clifford Chance (NY)/Ropes and Gray (NY)/Sidley Austin (NY)

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:47 pm

Hey guys, looking for some help here. Lucky enough to have offers from these places and trying to see what others think because just based on my own personal experiences, I feel torn. I'm currently open between practicing corporate or litigation, looking to make an exit to the govt/in-house within 3-5 years. Also keeping an eye out for differences in work/life balance (if there are any).

Is there any substantial difference between these 3 in either prestige/exit options/work-life balance? Any places I should absolutely stay away from?

Thanks to all for voting/commenting with your opinions.

koalatriste

Re: Clifford Chance (NY)/Ropes and Gray (NY)/Sidley Austin (NY)

Postby koalatriste » Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:02 pm

it's difficult to provide any real feedback without more information. do you have any idea what you want to do? such broad statements "unsure of corporate and lit" and "would like an exit option to basically anywhere!" are going to make drawing delineations between these somewhat similar (yet actually quite different firms) nearly impossible.

essentially, status quo, you have such a birds-eye perspective that, looking at these firms from a birds-eye perspective, they are going to be virtually indistinguishable.

dig deeper and more substantive advice can follow.

Return to “Legal Employment”