Corporate Summer Options in NYC Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

NY Corporate Interest Summer Options

Jones Day
47%
Proskauer
12%
Clifford Chance
6%
Cahill
29%
Hogan Lovells
6%

Total votes: 17

Anonymous User

Corporate Summer Options in NYC

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:31 pm

Thoughts?

Anonymous User

Re: Corporate Summer Options in NYC

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:34 pm

For corporate NYC, your decision should be between Jones Day and Cahill. Between these two, it should come down to which practice areas within corporate you think interest you the most and what culture you enjoyed more during your callback (the people you met, the atmosphere in the office, etc.).

Note: Do not know how you feel about what I listed as being the differentiating factors, so I voted for Jones Day because of better name recognition outside of NYC.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:37 pm

Anonymous User wrote:For corporate NYC, your decision should be between Jones Day and Cahill. Between these two, it should come down to which practice areas within corporate you think interest you the most and what culture you enjoyed more during your callback (the people you met, the atmosphere in the office, etc.).

Note: Do not know how you feel about what I listed as being the differentiating factors, so I voted for Jones Day because of better name recognition outside of NYC.
Thanks, appreciate the input. Not 100% sure on what practice area w/in corporate i want, so I imagine that favors JD over Cahill.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:38 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:For corporate NYC, your decision should be between Jones Day and Cahill. Between these two, it should come down to which practice areas within corporate you think interest you the most and what culture you enjoyed more during your callback (the people you met, the atmosphere in the office, etc.).

Thanks, appreciate the input. Not 100% sure on what practice area w/in corporate i want, so I imagine that favors JD over Cahill.
Absolutely. JD is very good at many things corporate related. Cahill is very specialized with banking/finance and capital market type transactional work as far as I can tell (and what my friends with offers have told me).

If you are completely undecided and have no real inclination towards one culture over the other, than JD is the clear choice.

Sup Kid

Silver

Post by Sup Kid » Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:01 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Absolutely. JD is very good at many things corporate related. Cahill is very specialized with banking/finance and capital market type transactional work as far as I can tell (and what my friends with offers have told me).

If you are completely undecided and have no real inclination towards one culture over the other, than JD is the clear choice.
You should also consider compensation differences; i.e., Jones Day has a black box system where Cahill pays Cravath lock-step salary and (at least the past 2 years) above-market bonuses. Just something to consider. Beyond that, I agree with everyone else: choose one of those two over the other options.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:11 am

If you are no longer considering some of these firms please decline the offer. It'll hopefully shorten the wait for the rest of us out here without these amazing options.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:11 am

If you are no longer considering some of these firms please decline the offer. It'll hopefully shorten the wait for the rest of us out here without these amazing options.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”