NYC firms to target with mass mail

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

NYC firms to target with mass mail

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:53 am

So it appears that I am about to strike out through the OCI process. I am above median at a mid T14 and am wondering if people know of some good firms to target in a mass mail that do not do all of their recruiting through OCI or are still recruiting?

Anonymous User

Re: NYC firms to target with mass mail

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:59 am

Interested as well. I didn't bid NYC (mostly because I would rather work literally anywhere in the country than there), but now I'm beginning to regret that decision.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:08 am

Cahill did a lot of mass mail CBs last year. I didn't interview there until October and got an offer.

bk1

Postby bk1 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:15 am

Any of them that you haven't mass mailed or interviewed with yet.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:23 am

This late in your game, most of them firms that will give you a chance at getting an offer are firms that are worried they might not have enough people accept their offers to fill a summer class. I remember reading last year in late September that Goodwin NY didn't have a single person accept their offers.

Point is, deciding who is going to take more applicants in mid to late September is probably a crap shoot. Not many firms plan on looking through resumes on Sept. 15 for possible applicants. Thus, no one is going to give you a list of firms to apply to. Just apply broadly, and hope something comes up

Pokemon

Postby Pokemon » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:55 am

Do not go for firms people would take within a heartbeat. Do not go for firms with tiny classes. Go for something in between.

keg411

Postby keg411 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:56 pm

bk1 wrote:Any of them that you haven't mass mailed or interviewed with yet.

This.

Return to “Legal Employment”