How long does it take for travel expense reimbursement?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

How long does it take for travel expense reimbursement?

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:13 am

Been over 3 weeks for one firm with no contact. Is this normal? When should I be concerned?

thesealocust

Re: How long does it take for travel expense reimbursement?

Postby thesealocust » Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:24 am

It's normal. It could take a very, very long time.

aces

Postby aces » Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:30 am

The recruiting departments of most firms are absolutely slammed at this time, and from my experience and a brief chat with a 3L, it seems like reimbursement can take weeks, but you'll get it eventually. Fortunately, the largest expenditures (plane tickets and hotel rooms) are usually picked up by the firm directly, but it is still occasionally annoying that my bank account is lighter than it otherwise would be until firms reimburse me.

bigredforlaw

Postby bigredforlaw » Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:26 pm

It's been over 2 months since 3 CBs I did in the same trip to NY. Is it normal for me to still be waiting for reimbursement? I formally accepted from one of these firms and haven't even heard from them...

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:53 pm

i did four trips total and sent in reimbursements for three.

i haven't gotten anything yet, and it has been over a month since i submitted my expenses. I am hoping to get some grocery money soon.

Pricer

Postby Pricer » Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:00 pm

I've gotten reimbursements anywhere from 2 weeks to 2 months after sending in the NALP forms. I think some firms are waiting until recruitment is completely over and doing reimbursements all at once.

Ofta3184

Postby Ofta3184 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:00 pm

is anyone else still waiting for their CB reimbursements? New york firms got back to me within days, but haven't heard from any in Texas

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:02 pm

I just got reimbursements last week from a NYC firm that I did a CB with in mid/late September

piccolittle

Postby piccolittle » Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:35 am

Ofta3184 wrote:is anyone else still waiting for their CB reimbursements? New york firms got back to me within days, but haven't heard from any in Texas

It's not a bad idea to follow up if you didn't get confirmation that they received the materials. One of the firms somehow "didn't get my previous email" (or at least had forgotten about me until I followed up). At this point, it's a legitimate question and you'll be reminding them without being obnoxious.

Return to “Legal Employment”