Milbank, Clifford Chance, or Curtis

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

Which one?

Milbank
33%
Clifford Chance
47%
Curtis Mallet
20%

Total votes: 15

Anonymous User

Milbank, Clifford Chance, or Curtis

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:34 pm

Hi all,

I'm choosing between the above three firms, all in NYC. I'm interested in international work; not really sure if I want to do lit/trans, but I think I would be happy with either (prior experience with both).

Thoughts?

Anonymous User

Re: Milbank, Clifford Chance, or Curtis

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:48 pm

When did you have your CB with Curtis?

Edit: Also, it seemed to me that Curtis is not that international. Yes they have a very international group or two, but the firm as a whole did not necessarily seem any more international than Clifford Chance (magic circle).

Edited edit: I don't know that much about Milbank.

Anonymous User

Re: Milbank, Clifford Chance, or Curtis

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:09 pm

Clifford Chance. Seriously, people voted for Curtis over CC???!?!
Curtis, while a fine law firm, is really not as international as they bill themselves to be. CC is. I think Curtis has unique presence in Central Asia (e.g. Kazakhstan), but unless that's what specifically interests you, you should roll with CC. CC offers you a much much better international experience EVERYWHERE ELSE.

Reputation, prestige, global presence, and types of clients you'd get all point to CC over Curtis imo.

Return to “Legal Employment”