Pittsburgh

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: Pittsburgh

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:11 pm

What's it like living Downtown?

HeavenWood

Postby HeavenWood » Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:18 pm

Anonymous User wrote:What's it like living Downtown?

Downtown is kinda dead (although it's started to pick up in recent years). I'm personally not a fan, and unless I'm going for a specific purpose (eating at a nice restaurant, going to a play) it's not somewhere I've ever been inclined to go. Shadyside is really the go-to place.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:07 am

HeavenWood wrote:

Downtown is kinda dead (although it's started to pick up in recent years). I'm personally not a fan, and unless I'm going for a specific purpose (eating at a nice restaurant, going to a play) it's not somewhere I've ever been inclined to go. Shadyside is really the go-to place.

What about Lawrenceville?

HeavenWood

Postby HeavenWood » Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:10 am

Anonymous User wrote:
HeavenWood wrote:

What about Lawrenceville?

Up-and-coming area. A lot of great shops, restaurants, and bars. It's the undisputed epicenter of the city's hipster community, but a lot of hip-minded professionals live there as well. So as not to derail this thread further, if you have more questions about the city, I'd be happy to answer them via PM.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:15 am

What does everyone think regarding the accuracy of the following statement: If you start in Pittsburgh, expect it to be a life sentence to the city, or to another small legal market. There is a stigma regarding lawyers who start in smaller cities -even if at a national firm - such that it's doubtful you'll ever work as an attorney at a larger firm in NYC, Chi, DC, LA.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:34 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I can confirm that K&L and Reed Smith have extended offers.

If that is true then I believe all 4 have begun making offers

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:04 pm

I know RS and K&L have both extended the majority of their offers.

Any word on some of the others in town? Specifically BI, ML, C&G, Thorp, etc.?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:39 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I know RS and K&L have both extended the majority of their offers.

Any word on some of the others in town? Specifically BI, ML, C&G, Thorp, etc.?

Have a CB scheduled this week at C&G

Return to “Legal Employment”