Southeast firms that actively recruit fed clerks

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Southeast firms that actively recruit fed clerks

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:33 pm

Some of the big law firms in Atlanta have information for fed clerks, however, most firm websites in the southeast only have info for SA or lateral. Anybody know of firms in AL, LA, MS, GA or FL that actively recruit clerks? I'm a district court clerk in the southeast with strong ties. Thanks.

Aqualibrium

Re: Southeast firms that actively recruit fed clerks

Postby Aqualibrium » Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:36 pm

Stone Pigman in New Orleans tends to like the Fed Clerks.

jessuf

Postby jessuf » Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:42 pm

GT loves clerks. + H&K

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:15 pm

Bump

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:57 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Some of the big law firms in Atlanta have information for fed clerks, however, most firm websites in the southeast only have info for SA or lateral. Anybody know of firms in AL, LA, MS, GA or FL that actively recruit clerks? I'm a district court clerk in the southeast with strong ties. Thanks.

Any of the big firms in those states with a lit practice will hire clerks. Do you mean firms that actively look for clerks who haven't summered at the firm before starting the clerkship, or do you just mean firms who account for the clerkship?

Bradley Arant (headquartered in Birmingham), for example, gives credit for the year in terms of salary progression and whatnot. I can't remember if they pay a clerkship bonus. But, I know they like clerks. They have four former SCOTUS clerks working there right now.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:43 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Some of the big law firms in Atlanta have information for fed clerks, however, most firm websites in the southeast only have info for SA or lateral. Anybody know of firms in AL, LA, MS, GA or FL that actively recruit clerks? I'm a district court clerk in the southeast with strong ties. Thanks.

Any of the big firms in those states with a lit practice will hire clerks. Do you mean firms that actively look for clerks who haven't summered at the firm before starting the clerkship, or do you just mean firms who account for the clerkship?

Bradley Arant (headquartered in Birmingham), for example, gives credit for the year in terms of salary progression and whatnot. I can't remember if they pay a clerkship bonus. But, I know they like clerks. They have four former SCOTUS clerks working there right now.

Op here. I am referring to firms that actively look for clerks that have not summered at the firm. Some firms have a section on their website under career that focuses on judicial clerks, most of the large firms in the south do not. I will assume that, given the opportunity, they would all be happy to recruit a SCOTUS clerk :)

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:57 pm

If I were in your shoes I would just start contacting recruiting coordinators. The SE firms where I spent my summers don't have a link like that on their website, but I think that they would certainly be receptive to hiring one if they otherwise met their (high) cutoffs.

Return to “Legal Employment”