CB lunch

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

CB lunch

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:47 am

do you offer to pay?

rad lulz

Re: CB lunch

Postby rad lulz » Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:49 am

Yep. You got it. Graciousness is a little but undervalued on this site.

jessuf

Postby jessuf » Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:17 am

rad lulz wrote:Yep. You got it. Graciousness is a little but undervalued on this site.

LOL.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:29 am

Anonymous User wrote:do you offer to pay?

Of course not. 1, you are a law school student with presumably no income to speak of and growing debt. 2, they are (a) associates that make in excess of 100K per year and (b) are being comp'd by a firm that makes millions per year. 3, they've invited you out to lunch at presumably a high end restaurant where it's at least $30/person/main dish, leaving aside appetizers and (non-alcoholic) drinks. 4, they are still interviewing you but they're also doing a bit of selling the firm. All that being said, wouldn't it be kind of laughable and insincere if you offered to pay the bill?

The smartest and most genuine thing you can do in a moment like this is that when the bill comes, and as if you were pulling out your card, you just kind of say, "You know, I really appreciate you all inviting me out to lunch and taking me here. It's been a really great conversation and [firm] seems like a great place to work."

Return to “Legal Employment”