Dickstein Shapiro NYC

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Dickstein Shapiro NYC

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:57 pm

Can anyone give me any information on Dickstein Shapiro NYC? Firm culture, major practice areas, etc.

Anonymous User

Re: Dickstein Shapiro NYC

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:56 am

Dickstein is an amazing place to work at. The NY office is small (about 50 attorneys) but close knit. The major practice groups in NY are Insurance Coverage, Business Litigation, IP Litigation, and Bankruptcy. People are very personable at the firm, the work is engaging, and the firm offers a variety of training programs to its associates and summer associates. What I like most about the firm is that you get to know the managing partner, the hiring partner, the rainmakers, the chairman of the firm, and all of the practice leaders at the firm-- something that you very rarely get to do at other larger firms.

Anonymous User

Re: Dickstein Shapiro NYC

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:30 am

Thanks, should I not mention my interest in corporate - being that I'm open to both corporate and litigation and the corporate group does not seem to be a major practice group in NY?

Return to “Legal Employment”