Resume Launchpad Filtering?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273186
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Resume Launchpad Filtering?

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:33 pm

Hello,

does anyone know how successful the launchpad is this year. Firms if they look for it, can tell that it has been sent via an application. Do they look at it and care about it?
Do they filter it?
Any anecdotal evidence from this year would be appreciated.

LawIdiot86
Posts: 1159
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:21 pm

Re: Resume Launchpad Filtering?

Postby LawIdiot86 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:37 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Hello,

does anyone know how successful the launchpad is this year. Firms if they look for it, can tell that it has been sent via an application. Do they look at it and care about it?
Do they filter it?
Any anecdotal evidence from this year would be appreciated.


I thought of this in advance and simply pulled the data out of Resume Launchpad and put it in my own Excel spreadsheet to do a mail merge. I wouldn't be shocked to learn that low-end headhunters use Resume Launchpad and that as a result, firms automatically ding emails showing the technical signature of the program.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273186
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Resume Launchpad Filtering?

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:39 pm

LawIdiot86 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Hello,

does anyone know how successful the launchpad is this year. Firms if they look for it, can tell that it has been sent via an application. Do they look at it and care about it?
Do they filter it?
Any anecdotal evidence from this year would be appreciated.


I thought of this in advance and simply pulled the data out of Resume Launchpad and put it in my own Excel spreadsheet to do a mail merge. I wouldn't be shocked to learn that low-end headhunters use Resume Launchpad and that as a result, firms automatically ding emails showing the technical signature of the program.


Yeah... you are probably right. It also seems to me unprofessional if they cared about it. I only send 10, but wondering whether to send the 40 I have also prepared.
PS? How did you pull the data? The contact info. is basically hidden for me. I see only a shortcut of the e-mail address.

LawIdiot86
Posts: 1159
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:21 pm

Re: Resume Launchpad Filtering?

Postby LawIdiot86 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:46 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
LawIdiot86 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Hello,

does anyone know how successful the launchpad is this year. Firms if they look for it, can tell that it has been sent via an application. Do they look at it and care about it?
Do they filter it?
Any anecdotal evidence from this year would be appreciated.


I thought of this in advance and simply pulled the data out of Resume Launchpad and put it in my own Excel spreadsheet to do a mail merge. I wouldn't be shocked to learn that low-end headhunters use Resume Launchpad and that as a result, firms automatically ding emails showing the technical signature of the program.


Yeah... you are probably right. It also seems to me unprofessional if they cared about it. I only send 10, but wondering whether to send the 40 I have also prepared.
PS? How did you pull the data? The contact info. is basically hidden for me. I see only a shortcut of the e-mail address.


They might have changed it from when I did my pull in June, but I also used NALP and then Resume Launchpad as a gap filler. I Googled the firm name + the last name on Resume Launchpad and there was always an email evident in the results.

Edit: I also see that from the Review window, you can see the unique first half of the email address. Just Google the firm name and get their URL.




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.