DOJ Honors 2013

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: DOJ Honors 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:21 pm

Anonymous User wrote:So, to be clear, the components that no one has stated they were selected as finalists are:

Criminal
ENRD
BOP
NSD
Tax-Civil

What are the chances that they haven't selected finalists yet? Criminal and ENRD have the larger hiring numbers, I figured someone would be on here.

Tax-civil is hiring 4 and interviewed 16. I'm still at "selected for interview." Anybody have any info. Please put me out of the Avue refreshing hell!!!

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:49 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Still no USAO finalists out there?

I think they are on a different schedule. They don't even have to give 28 dates after an offer, and they had different interview schedules, so I'd be surprised if being a finalist or not at this point for a USAO is a cause for concern.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:57 pm

FYI, A friend of mine was selected as a finalist for civil tax (about a week ago), but has not received any updates since then (no offer phone call as of this morning).

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:01 pm

Anonymous User wrote:FYI, A friend of mine was selected as a finalist for civil tax (about a week ago), but has not received any updates since then (no offer phone call as of this morning).

Thank you!!! Not knowing was worse than not getting selected!

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:02 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Still no USAO finalists out there?

I think they are on a different schedule. They don't even have to give 28 dates after an offer, and they had different interview schedules, so I'd be surprised if being a finalist or not at this point for a USAO is a cause for concern.

Well, not all of them followed a different interview schedule, and even the ones that did completed their interviews before the rest of the components did. So while I really hope you're right, I'm not sure why they'd be on a completely different timeline. (I was going to say, all the components have to select finalists by today, but then I remembered the notice that components have "discretion" to add finalists later - so really, I have no idea what's going on.) Anyway, like I said, I hope you're right!

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:08 pm

I was selected as a finalist for criminal on Thursday. No updates since. Has anybody received an offer yet?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:22 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I was selected as a finalist for criminal on Thursday. No updates since. Has anybody received an offer yet?

Criminal Division? You would be the first to say so here. I was assuming they hadn't selected yet. Asset Forfeiture or Trial Attorney?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:34 pm

antitrust NY?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:36 pm

Trial Attorney.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:45 pm

we are eerily quiet on here today...

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:49 pm

Anonymous User wrote:we are eerily quiet on here today...

Seriously.

No offers today? Anyone? Any component? Even if you didn't get one but you hear about someone getting one, I'm pretty sure everyone in this thread would be extremely appreciative if you posted an update!

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:51 pm

Still no movement for USAO interviewees? Has anyone been selected as a finalist at least?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:53 pm

For what it's worth, the ACIJ I interviewed with said that she believed it might be as late as the beginning of December before offers for OCIJ started going out. This certainly might have changed, but that is what she said she expected.

She also said that OCIJ would be hiring for 58 open spots.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:54 pm

ENRD, still at "selected for interview"

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:55 pm

USAO Offer

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:03 pm

Anonymous User wrote:USAO Offer

Congrats!! Mind sharing which office?

anon5

Postby anon5 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:08 pm

Anonymous User wrote:For what it's worth, the ACIJ I interviewed with said that she believed it might be as late as the beginning of December before offers for OCIJ started going out. This certainly might have changed, but that is what she said she expected.

Again, for what it's worth, when my reference was contacted on Wednesday of last week, he was told "We are looking to make offers as soon as possible, hopefully next week."

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:09 pm

So if you are not selected as a finalist by today, you're out?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:10 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Trial Attorney.

Were your references contacted?

worldtraveler

Postby worldtraveler » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:26 pm

Anonymous User wrote:For what it's worth, the ACIJ I interviewed with said that she believed it might be as late as the beginning of December before offers for OCIJ started going out. This certainly might have changed, but that is what she said she expected.

Mine said the same thing. A friend of mine last year got her OCIJ offer after finals were over. I imagine there will be a long time period during which they will extend offers given all the different locations they hire for, as that probably complicates the process quite a bit, especially if people sit on offers for a while before accepting.

Edit: I meant to say that anonymously. I guess I outed myself.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:36 pm

worldtraveler wrote:

Mine said the same thing. A friend of mine last year got her OCIJ offer after finals were over. I imagine there will be a long time period during which they will extend offers given all the different locations they hire for, as that probably complicates the process quite a bit, especially if people sit on offers for a while before accepting.

Yep, I'm an EOIR finalist and my references were checked last Thursday, but haven't heard anything since then. I haven't heard of any EOIR offers from friends, classmates, etc. who are also finalists...I think we might be waiting awhile. Or, at the very least, it's not happening today ;) I'm still hoping for pre-Thanksgiving...

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:41 pm

Anonymous User wrote:USAO Offer

Congratulations!!

(and AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I really really hope the different districts are on different schedules...)

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:51 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
worldtraveler wrote:

Yep, I'm an EOIR finalist and my references were checked last Thursday, but haven't heard anything since then. I haven't heard of any EOIR offers from friends, classmates, etc. who are also finalists...I think we might be waiting awhile. Or, at the very least, it's not happening today ;) I'm still hoping for pre-Thanksgiving...

Which division in EOIR?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:57 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
worldtraveler wrote:

Which division in EOIR?

OCIJ (me and friends/classmates- don't know any finalists in other divisions)

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:02 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
worldtraveler wrote:

Which division in EOIR?

OCIJ (me and friends/classmates- don't know any finalists in other divisions)

Have all your friends'/classmates' references been contacted? If not, about what percent have?

Return to “Legal Employment”