DOJ Honors 2013

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
anon5
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:37 pm

Re: DOJ Honors 2013

Postby anon5 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:17 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
anon5 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
anon5 wrote:For those of you who have/will interview with EOIR and who have previous intern experience at an immigration court -- did your interviewer/HQ call your prior supervisor at the court? They called mine immediately after my interview on Friday. Didn't know if this is what they normally do or what.


I have externed at two parts of EOIR. I know they didn't contact one, and I don't know if they contacted the other. Did you have the person listed as a reference or marked as someone they could contact or both?


I listed him as both a reference and marked as someone they could contact. As far as I know, neither of my two other references have been contacted. Also of note, I went through the process last year also, and this reference was never contacted (obviously I didn't get the job).


Did you go through it for SLIP or HP last year?


HP. I'm clerking now, which makes me eligible again this cycle.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273432
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DOJ Honors 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:02 pm

Is today the last day for interviews?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273432
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DOJ Honors 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:07 pm

anon5 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
anon5 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I have externed at two parts of EOIR. I know they didn't contact one, and I don't know if they contacted the other. Did you have the person listed as a reference or marked as someone they could contact or both?


I listed him as both a reference and marked as someone they could contact. As far as I know, neither of my two other references have been contacted. Also of note, I went through the process last year also, and this reference was never contacted (obviously I didn't get the job).


Did you go through it for SLIP or HP last year?


HP. I'm clerking now, which makes me eligible again this cycle.


I'm the one who interned twice. I just found out they have called. Good luck current clerk!

Anonymous User
Posts: 273432
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DOJ Honors 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:15 pm

Ugh. No one appears to have called anyone about me. Sometimes this thread is more depressing than it is helpful!

(Although, seriously, good luck to all y'all and here's hoping we all get good news in the next few weeks.)

Anonymous User
Posts: 273432
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DOJ Honors 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:07 pm

I might be wrong, but I think the only people who have talked about calls thus far are people who have previously interned for EOIR. Regardless, I wouldn't stress over it too much.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273432
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DOJ Honors 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:16 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I might be wrong, but I think the only people who have talked about calls thus far are people who have previously interned for EOIR. Regardless, I wouldn't stress over it too much.


Yes. From what I know they have only called previous EOIR supervisors.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273432
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DOJ Honors 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:07 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I might be wrong, but I think the only people who have talked about calls thus far are people who have previously interned for EOIR. Regardless, I wouldn't stress over it too much.


Yes. From what I know they have only called previous EOIR supervisors.

True! Thanks. (Still wish someone was calling my references, though! :P )

anon5
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:37 pm

Re: DOJ Honors 2013

Postby anon5 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:15 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I might be wrong, but I think the only people who have talked about calls thus far are people who have previously interned for EOIR. Regardless, I wouldn't stress over it too much.


Yes. From what I know they have only called previous EOIR supervisors.

True! Thanks. (Still wish someone was calling my references, though! :P )


From what I understood from last year -- they call references the day before or the same day they make an offer.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273432
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DOJ Honors 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:50 am

anon5 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I might be wrong, but I think the only people who have talked about calls thus far are people who have previously interned for EOIR. Regardless, I wouldn't stress over it too much.


Yes. From what I know they have only called previous EOIR supervisors.

True! Thanks. (Still wish someone was calling my references, though! :P )


From what I understood from last year -- they call references the day before or the same day they make an offer.


Is that just EOIR or all components?

anon5
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:37 pm

Re: DOJ Honors 2013

Postby anon5 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:01 am

Anonymous User wrote:
anon5 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:From what I understood from last year -- they call references the day before or the same day they make an offer.


Is that just EOIR or all components?




It's at least EOIR - I don't know how the other components do it.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273432
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DOJ Honors 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:26 am

Any status changes yet? I wonder if everything will be delayed because of Sandy.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273432
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DOJ Honors 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:29 am

Antitrust has made an offer.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273432
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DOJ Honors 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:34 am

Anonymous User wrote:Antitrust has made an offer.


Congratulations! (I'm assuming you received the offer) Did your/offeree's status change in Avue? Also, do you know if it was main DC or a field office?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273432
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DOJ Honors 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:18 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Antitrust has made an offer.


Same questions as above +

Did this happen this morning?

Was it one of your interviewers (probably the most senior one) who called? Had they been calling references? And if so about when were they doing that?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273432
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DOJ Honors 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:42 pm

Bump.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273432
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DOJ Honors 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:36 pm

Antitrust NY made the offer on Thursday. Avue status is "selected as finalist" - but not sure when that changed.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273432
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DOJ Honors 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:40 pm

any word on when the EOIR finalists will be selected & posted? possibly this week?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273432
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DOJ Honors 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:59 pm

Anybody here that isn't EOIR or antitrust?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273432
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DOJ Honors 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:48 pm

Official date is next Monday, November 19.
http://www.justice.gov/careers/legal/en ... dates.html

Anonymous User
Posts: 273432
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DOJ Honors 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:56 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Official date is next Monday, November 19.
http://www.justice.gov/careers/legal/en ... dates.html


I wonder if that will be extended since the interviews took longer.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273432
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DOJ Honors 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:20 pm

November 19 through December 2012 - DOJ extends most offers.

So even though finalists may be chosen by Nov 19, you may not find out until later. For ENRD, I was told second 1/2 of November.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273432
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DOJ Honors 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:21 pm

my interviewer for EOIR informed me that most offers for immigration courts will be extended by the end of december.

plumorchid
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:31 pm

Re: DOJ Honors 2013

Postby plumorchid » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:01 am

Has anyone heard from Civil Rights? Have they contacted references?

Also, once someone is selected as a finalist does that mean that person is definitely getting an offer? I'm not sure what the significance is between being selected as a finalist during Nov 2-19 and why the offer dates could be as late as December.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273432
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DOJ Honors 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:10 am

plumorchid wrote:Has anyone heard from Civil Rights? Have they contacted references?

Also, once someone is selected as a finalist does that mean that person is definitely getting an offer? I'm not sure what the significance is between being selected as a finalist during Nov 2-19 and why the offer dates could be as late as December.

Being selected as a finalist means either you're getting an offer or you're an alternate (it means you're approved for an offer, but not necessarily that you'll get one).

Anonymous User
Posts: 273432
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DOJ Honors 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:21 am

Haven't heard, but curious about CR, as well.




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.