Judicial Salary Plan

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
overbroad99

Judicial Salary Plan

Postby overbroad99 » Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:27 am

I both want to confirm that I understand how this works and ask a question. My impression is that clerks are paid at Grade 11, Step 1 of the Judicial Salary Plan; is that correct? I also believe that a year of post-law school "work experience" qualifies a clerk for Grade 12. Is that also correct? If so, what qualifies as "work experience" for JSP purposes?

legalese_retard

Re: Judicial Salary Plan

Postby legalese_retard » Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:05 am

Correct, if you are coming straight from law school, you will start at a JSP11. Once you pass a bar exam, you get a bump, but I don't remember if it is a step increase or if you move up to JSP12. As far as legal experience, it will be up to the judge. He/She will look at your experience and then tell HR whether you qualify as a JSP12.

Return to “Legal Employment”