Mass Mail Radio Silence

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Mass Mail Radio Silence

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:10 am

OCI at MVP did not work out, sent 200 or so resume to firms and I have yet to hear back. I understand midsize firms might take awhile to go over resumes but is it usual to get some sort of confirmation?

Anonymous User

Re: Mass Mail Radio Silence

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:13 am

Of the firms I mass mailed, I never once received an e-mail confirming receipt of my materials. The only time I ever heard from the firms were when they decided they were rejecting me or extending me an invitation for a callback. Good luck and stay positive!
Last edited by Anonymous User on Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:16 am

Anonymous User wrote:Of the firms I mass mailed, I never once received an e-mail confirming receipt of my materials. The only time I ever heard from the firms were when they decided they were rejecting me or extending me an invitation for a callback. Good luck and stay positive!

What was the timeframe like for the CB's?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:18 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Of the firms I mass mailed, I never once received an e-mail confirming receipt of my materials. The only time I ever heard from the firms were when they decided they were rejecting me or extending me an invitation for a callback. Good luck and stay positive!

Earlier than now I'm guessing...I think if we all banded together we could form our own national law firm you with me?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:19 am

Anonymous User wrote:

Turnaround time was 2-3 weeks for me. Keep in mind this was pre-OCI (so I don't know if turnaround time changes based on when mass mailing is done).

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:13 am

OP, tell us GPA and geographic area. Are you mailing firms that are too small? If GPA is ok, you still have a chance at bigger firms. You should not be in complete radio silence... so tell us more.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:26 am

OP, a bit below median- going for NY, NJ, Conn, Philly

Return to “Legal Employment”