wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy down Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
luckyme

Bronze

Re: wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy down

Post by luckyme » Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:53 am

Stringer Bell wrote:
luckyme wrote: $7.99, all you can eat + a small beverage
If nothing else, this piece of news is promising.
very few times have i actually had to concentrate on not vomiting after a meal

Gorki

Silver

Post by Gorki » Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:58 am

Stringer Bell wrote:
luckyme wrote:
Stringer Bell wrote:
luckyme wrote:things are looking wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy down. i ate at a KFC all-you-can-eat buffet today and legitimately considered dropping off my resume--ultimately decided i can't take another rejection. way down. way, way down.
KFC has an all you can eat buffet?
$7.99, all you can eat + a small beverage
If nothing else, this piece of news is promising.
No kidding. 7.99 all-you-can-eat is cheap enough to fall within the paltry personal leisure of "undue hardship" I would think. Shit sucks.

jess

Post by jess » Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:27 am

Last edited by jess on Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:37 am

When were all of your callbacks that you are already freaking out? I had a few Wednesday-Friday and now you are making me feel like I should freak out too, are you sure you're not jumping the gun a little here?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:14 pm

Don't freak out until 10+ days or u know other people who interviewed around ur time have gotten offers.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Myself

Silver

Post by Myself » Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:31 pm

Last edited by Myself on Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:15 pm

ajax adonis wrote:I will vote for the first politician to make it his or her mission to make student loans dischargeable--or at least make it easier to discharge.
Maybe make law/med dischargeable if you waive the right to sit for the bar/cert.

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:24 pm

ajax adonis wrote:I will vote for the first politician to make it his or her mission to make student loans dischargeable--or at least make it easier to discharge.
10% of income for 20 years sounds pretty fair to me.

luckyme

Bronze

Post by luckyme » Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:09 pm

Anonymous User wrote:When were all of your callbacks that you are already freaking out? I had a few Wednesday-Friday and now you are making me feel like I should freak out too, are you sure you're not jumping the gun a little here?
had one a month ago and one 10 days ago

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Law Sauce

Silver

Post by Law Sauce » Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:59 pm

You'll get something buddy. Rooting for you.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:36 pm

luckyme wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:When were all of your callbacks that you are already freaking out? I had a few Wednesday-Friday and now you are making me feel like I should freak out too, are you sure you're not jumping the gun a little here?
So you've only had 2? You should be mass mailing and trying to get more CBs/screeners. I got rejected from my first 2 CBs and finally landed an offer on number 3. Also, even though I got 7 CBs through OGI (granted I have only done 3 and one was on Friday) so far my only offer has been from mass mailing. Considering the rest of my CBs are in major cities and my grades are solid median I might only have offer(s) from the mass mailing in my home secondary. If you are in this boat (with your grades) you should be targeting your home market. I think I go to your school so let me know if you want me to PM you.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:25 pm

Stanford4Me wrote:I'm selling my sperm. Then selling my body.
+1. law school bodies are always in good form ;/

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:13 am

Anonymous User wrote:
luckyme wrote:
So you've only had 2? You should be mass mailing and trying to get more CBs/screeners. I got rejected from my first 2 CBs and finally landed an offer on number 3. Also, even though I got 7 CBs through OGI (granted I have only done 3 and one was on Friday) so far my only offer has been from mass mailing. Considering the rest of my CBs are in major cities and my grades are solid median I might only have offer(s) from the mass mailing in my home secondary. If you are in this boat (with your grades) you should be targeting your home market. I think I go to your school so let me know if you want me to PM you.
You go to UVA why not just say it

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:18 am

Just checked my mail to find two callback rejections. Super.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:21 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
luckyme wrote:
You go to UVA why not just say it
What difference would it make brah? Go do your shitty Anon trolling somewhere else

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:27 am

Anonymous User wrote:Just checked my mail to find two callback rejections. Super.
I'm sorry. I think a lot of us make the mistake of thinking the hurdle has been jumped from screener to CB when that isn't the case at all. The odds are almost never in our favor at any stage in this process.

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:33 am

Anonymous User wrote:
What difference would it make brah? Go do your shitty Anon trolling somewhere else

Way to tell off the anon abuse by abusing anon feature.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:34 am

r6_philly wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

My original post had all my GPA/callback/etc. information otherwise I definitely would not have used Anon.

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:34 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Just checked my mail to find two callback rejections. Super.
I'm sorry. I think a lot of us make the mistake of thinking the hurdle has been jumped from screener to CB when that isn't the case at all. The odds are almost never in our favor at any stage in this process.
It depends on the firm. I went through OCI stats at my school, some firms are 70-100% CB->offer while others are 15-25% or less. Data over several years.

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:35 am

Anonymous User wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

My original post had all my GPA/callback/etc. information otherwise I definitely would not have used Anon.
Then only quote the anon response, like I did. No one would be able to tell that you are the OP anon without you admitting so. (like what I just did, do you think I was the guy did the anon trolling you had an issue with?)

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:36 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Yeah. Still waiting on responses to a few CBs, but I'm definitely starting to get that anxious/sick to my stomach feeling. This whole process just sucks.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:40 am

r6_philly wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Then only quote the anon response, like I did. No one would be able to tell that you are the OP anon without you admitting so. (like what I just did, do you think I was the guy did the anon trolling you had an issue with?)
Again, just like the original gripe, what difference does it make anyhow? I don't understand everyone's obsession with Anon abuse. Delving to different levels of anonymity on the super serious internets is all relative anyhow and no one is getting hurt by the fact that you either do or do not know who I am besides (potentially) me. Cue spinning top from Inception. Let's get off this tangent please

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:42 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Yeah. Still waiting on responses to a few CBs, but I'm definitely starting to get that anxious/sick to my stomach feeling. This whole process just sucks.
It's an emotional roller coaster. It sounds like you have a handful of CBs and I hope something pans out. It's not over til it's over, and it's still early. I know some people (on this website) that have found firm jobs in late October.

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:45 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Again, just like the original gripe, what difference does it make anyhow? I don't understand everyone's obsession with Anon abuse. Delving to different levels of anonymity on the super serious internets is all relative anyhow and no one is getting hurt by the fact that you either do or do not know who I am besides (potentially) me. Cue spinning top from Inception. Let's get off this tangent please
Then don't call someone out for being anon by using anon. I am not anon. You continue to be (or maybe this is someone else). I am confused (see that's why you shouldn't use anon when you don't need to).

If it is the same person ... you called someone out but now it's a "tangent" because you are being acused? Okay.

If it isn't the same person ... why are you using anon?

I'll stop.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:50 am

r6_philly wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Then don't call someone out for being anon by using anon. I am not anon. You continue to be (or maybe this is someone else). I am confused (see that's why you shouldn't use anon when you don't need to).

If it is the same person ... you called someone out but now it's a "tangent" because you are being acused? Okay.

If it isn't the same person ... why are you using anon?

I'll stop.
Since I fall into the first category and your question appears to be rhetorical, I will consider your pointless grilling of me to be at a ceasefire. In any case, it's a "tangent" because this thread is about someone potentially striking out at OCI and we are here arguing about Anon abuse. I believe that more than appropriately qualifies as being tangential.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”