Kirkland (SF) vs. Jones Day (SV)

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

Kirkland & Ellis (SF)
71%
Jones Day (SV)
29%

Total votes: 7

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:40 pm

I want to do corporate transactional work, and would like to eventually make partner, but exit options (in-house or another law firm) are still a relevant consideration. I really enjoyed the people I met in both offices, so I'm looking for some help from TLS.

Kirkland focuses on private equity, which sounds really interesting, but I'm slightly concerned about it being such a singular corporate practice. However, the name brand is great, the firm's financials are incredible, and its offices are in the city as opposed to down the pennisula.

Jones Day has been doing a great M&A work in the area with interesting companies, but there are less attorneys in the office, and it would be an hour commute to work each way. At Jones Day I would probably work slightly less hours (which may be negated by the extra commute) and get exposure to wider array of work.

Anonymous User

Re: Kirkland (SF) vs. Jones Day (SV)

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:06 pm

Interested as well.

Anonymous User

Re: Kirkland (SF) vs. Jones Day (SV)

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:31 pm

Bump.

Return to “Legal Employment”