Mayer Brown (NY) v. Kaye Scholer (NY) v. Weil (NY-Empl Lit)

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Mayer Brown (NY) v. Kaye Scholer (NY) v. Weil (NY-Empl Lit)

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:26 am

thoughts?

Anonymous User

Re: Mayer Brown (NY) v. Kaye Scholer (NY) v. Weil (NY-Empl Lit)

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:24 am

weil's got some awful folks.. Go there if you want employment though

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:27 am

Anonymous User wrote:weil's got some awful folks.. Go there if you want employment though

Everywhere has some awful people. I'd pick Weil if Employment Lit is what you want to do. The other firms won't close at doing that. Otherwise, I'd probably pick Kaye Scholer because they are the nicest people I'e come across.

P.S. Seeing how I'm waiting from the former two places, please choose quickly. :cry:

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:10 am

Do you 100% want Employment Lit? I don't know about Mayer Brown, but I know Kaye Scholer's group is on the smaller side, so you might want to consider that you may not end up doing a ton of L&E work if you go there (although the partner who is the practice area head is an incredibly nice and awesome guy).

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:13 am

Anonymous User wrote:Do you 100% want Employment Lit? I don't know about Mayer Brown, but I know Kaye Scholer's group is on the smaller side, so you might want to consider that you may not end up doing a ton of L&E work if you go there (although the partner who is the practice area head is an incredibly nice and awesome guy).

OP here. MB doesn't really do any labor and employment, but it would be my second choice because it's large, global, and the people are nice (as are the people at kaye scholer). I'm not 100% sure about employment litigation though, even though I loved the people at Weil, too. So, I'm pretty torn. Anyone know anything about Weil's employment litigation group? Or exit options from any of those firms?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:24 pm

Weil's employment litigation group is pretty strong I hear. My thing is, I sure you want to pigeonhole yourself into that one area? Does Weil make you just stay there? If so, then I'd take Kaye Scholer if you wanted more flexibility, I don't remember the MB people talking to me about employment litigation at all, but I know Kaye Scholer does some of it.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:25 am

If you aren't 100% sure you want emp lit, go with mayer. Emp lit is really narrow and specialized.. Mayer has Strong exit options and name, variety of groups, and the female associates arent hard on the eyes..

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:15 am

Anonymous User wrote:weil's got some awful folks.. Go there if you want employment though

Over the last 5-10 years they've worked really hard to rebrand, which has in large part meant getting rid of many of the "awful" partners. I'm sure there are still bad people just like anywhere, though. Also as a Weil SA this past summer, my bet is that you could enter in the employment lit group and during your summer take assignments from other lit groups, and then join one of them instead. Not sure if that's really true or not but I don't know anyone who only did employment stuff (doesn't mean those people don't exist, just my perception).

Return to “Legal Employment”