CCN brah: 1 CB, double digit DINGS

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

CCN brah: 1 CB, double digit DINGS

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:45 pm

What to do? About to start mass mailing but otherwise at a loss. Fucking bollocks.

Anonymous User

Re: CCN brah: 1 CB, double digit DINGS

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:46 pm

MVP right there with you

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:50 pm

How are thy gpas? Lower top 14 above median struck out of OCI but some firms are biting my mass mails. It is not too late. Aim first for your main secondary market. This might seem like too much work, but try to personalize a little the cover letters. I want to come back, but you do not attend my OCI type of stuff. Also, mention a little bit their practice areas. Try to be genuine. Good luck.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:54 pm

Anonymous User wrote:How are thy gpas? Lower top 14 above median struck out of OCI but some firms are biting my mass mails. It is not too late. Aim first for your main secondary market. This might seem like too much work, but try to personalize a little the cover letters. I want to come back, but you do not attend my OCI type of stuff. Also, mention a little bit their practice areas. Try to be genuine. Good luck.

Grades are merely okay, not great. Also, I have no personality.

What kind of firms are you getting to respond? NLJ350? I assume Vault is out of the question.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:18 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:How are thy gpas? Lower top 14 above median struck out of OCI but some firms are biting my mass mails. It is not too late. Aim first for your main secondary market. This might seem like too much work, but try to personalize a little the cover letters. I want to come back, but you do not attend my OCI type of stuff. Also, mention a little bit their practice areas. Try to be genuine. Good luck.

Grades are merely okay, not great. Also, I have no personality.

What kind of firms are you getting to respond? NLJ350? I assume Vault is out of the question.

Actually vault. Vault firms have classes to fill so they are surprisingly open to mass mail. But apply everywhere. It really is a pain, but take a week and think of it as outlining before an exam. This is way more important than an exam. I have no offers yet, it might be a total failure, but what the hell, I lose a week for a chance at a career. My method was to create different cover letter formats. One for my secondary market, one for a certain practice area, one for NY, and work my way. Quick check on chambers or firm website, quick cover letter, save as draft... send it during business hours, so it seems more professional.

At a later point, I will hit smaller firms since I cannot imagine them already looking for summer help. Now, do we have any experts that can tell me whether it is possible to save work on resume launchpad. It did not save my work and I lost like 30 cover letters. Any help appreciated. Do not mean to hijack thread.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:16 am

Also don't be scared of mass-mailing firms with high vault ranks. I don't know if mass-mailing them will actually work, but I've had firms follow up with me in the last week on callback invitations from 2 or 3 weeks ago that I never responded to (already had an offer I was satisfied with). I assume that this means they're still looking to fill spots.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:39 am

Anonymous User wrote:Also don't be scared of mass-mailing firms with high vault ranks. I don't know if mass-mailing them will actually work, but I've had firms follow up with me in the last week on callback invitations from 2 or 3 weeks ago that I never responded to (already had an offer I was satisfied with). I assume that this means they're still looking to fill spots.

Vault range of firms?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:49 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Also don't be scared of mass-mailing firms with high vault ranks. I don't know if mass-mailing them will actually work, but I've had firms follow up with me in the last week on callback invitations from 2 or 3 weeks ago that I never responded to (already had an offer I was satisfied with). I assume that this means they're still looking to fill spots.

Vault range of firms?

1 V10, 2 V30's.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:44 pm

yo bro, i'm in the same sinking ship (1 vault cb, double digit dings). thanks for starting this thread. and also thanks for everyone's advice thus far.

Return to “Legal Employment”