freaking out about CB Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

freaking out about CB

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:02 pm

How screwed am I if I accidentally and innocently let the word "shit" slip out one time at the casual-ish lunch with a 1st year associate and a senior associate? It was not in a rude sentence or context, nor was it said with an angry or irritable demeanor... we were joking around and it slipped. am I just completely fucked or what?

frankc

New

Re: freaking out about CB

Post by frankc » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:04 pm

You'll be fine.

paulinaporizkova

Gold

Post by paulinaporizkova » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:34 pm

Haha, don't worry. I went to breakfast with two (young) partners last week on a callback and one of them dropped the f bomb. I think someone dropped it in one of my screeners too IIRC.

ilovesf

Diamond

Post by ilovesf » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:36 pm

paulinaporizkova wrote:Haha, don't worry. I went to breakfast with two (young) partners last week on a callback and one of them dropped the f bomb. I think someone dropped it in one of my screeners too IIRC.
One partner in one of my interviews was telling a joke and he yelled out mother-fucker at the restaurant. It was pretty funny (to me at least).

jrf12886

Bronze

Post by jrf12886 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:41 pm

I encountered a lot of cursing during my interviews, including the F-bomb. You should be fine.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

paulinaporizkova

Gold

Post by paulinaporizkova » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:50 pm

ilovesf wrote:
paulinaporizkova wrote:Haha, don't worry. I went to breakfast with two (young) partners last week on a callback and one of them dropped the f bomb. I think someone dropped it in one of my screeners too IIRC.
One partner in one of my interviews was telling a joke and he yelled out mother-fucker at the restaurant. It was pretty funny (to me at least).
Once you make partner at a big lawl firm something tells me you're not going to give nearly as many fucks.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:52 pm

My partner mentor this summer routinely told associates to "stop fucking shit up." He also told a few of his clients that they were being "fucking stupid and annoying." This isn't the 1700s. You're fine. I doubt the associates even gave it a second thought.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:51 am

You seemed to have forgot that law firms are still good ol boys clubs.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:01 am

You were among men in a relatively informal social situation. Thus, talking like a man in a relatively informal social setting won't be frowned upon.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:23 am

I doubt he even realized it. I've had partners drop f-bombs at dinners/lunches and I may have even heard curse words at interviews. We're all adults here. As long as you weren't being immature (sounds like you weren't) I doubt anyone cares.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”