Fed. Gov. OCI Screeners

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

Fed. Gov. OCI Screeners

Postby nevdash » Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:15 pm

Just out of curiosity, does anybody know whether federal entities that do OCI for entry-level positions follow the same sort of hiring protocol as big firms during 2L OCI? Put differently: does killing your interview make a difference the way that it can in 2L big-firm OCI? I've had screeners with the FCC, the Fed, the DOL, and the like, and I feel like all of them have gone extremely well. But it feels like BigFed stuff is so competitive that a killer screener can't make up for not being Top 5% LR EIC at a T14. Has anyone with average stats (average in the scheme of federal hiring; say top 15% at a T25) landed a permanent position with one of these entities by wowing a screening interviewer?

In b4 "if I say no, will you stop trying to do well during interviews hurrrrr."

Return to “Legal Employment”