Mass Mailing Protocol Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Mass Mailing Protocol

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:36 pm

How do you mass mail firms during the semester when you have no plans to be in the area? I am not going to travel to NYC from X. Can you just mass mail and hope they pay for you to fly out? How does this work?

What do Michigan and Duke students do about mass mailing?

Anonymous User

Re: Mass Mailing Protocol

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:07 am

First hope that you will get a positive response, then worry about the flying. I imagine if it is a big firm they will most likely pay for you to fly. If it is smaller, non-SA position, then do not expect them to pay you. At least that is what I have been told.
By the way, without meaning to hijack thread, but this will probably also help OP, at what point do we give up on mass mailing BigLaw? I am still doing it... should I stop... have they already filled the classes... any help would be appreciated.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”