Rutan & Tucker

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Rutan & Tucker

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:08 pm

What's the story on this firm? Interested primarily in the Orange County location.

Anonymous User

Re: Rutan & Tucker

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:40 pm

bump

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:16 pm

Strong regional firm that pays market (IIRC) and is full of fun, laid back and smart people, but pretty much just offers you regional work and in the end, regional exit options. If you want to live in the OC for the rest of your life and are looking to do well-paid, interesting local work, it's a perfectly grand option. If you're hoping to live a jet-setter lifestyle, write Supreme Court briefs or work on the next Samsung v. Apple, you're going to be disappointed.

Just my impression. Ultimately, I definitely think it's a firm worth applying to. How disappointed could you be getting paid market to work near the beach?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:29 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Strong regional firm that pays market (IIRC) and is full of fun, laid back and smart people, but pretty much just offers you regional work and in the end, regional exit options. If you want to live in the OC for the rest of your life and are looking to do well-paid, interesting local work, it's a perfectly grand option. If you're hoping to live a jet-setter lifestyle, write Supreme Court briefs or work on the next Samsung v. Apple, you're going to be disappointed.

Just my impression. Ultimately, I definitely think it's a firm worth applying to. How disappointed could you be getting paid market to work near the beach?

Are you from the area/working in the OC right now?

anon168

Postby anon168 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:25 am

Anonymous User wrote:Strong regional firm that pays market (IIRC) and is full of fun, laid back and smart people, but pretty much just offers you regional work and in the end, regional exit options. If you want to live in the OC for the rest of your life and are looking to do well-paid, interesting local work, it's a perfectly grand option. If you're hoping to live a jet-setter lifestyle, write Supreme Court briefs or work on the next Samsung v. Apple, you're going to be disappointed.

That about sums up Rutan.

Very strong in L/E but otherwise mediocre in other areas. If you are interested in Rutan, also look at Payne & Fears (also in OC).

There have always been talk about an east coast V100 firm swallowing up Rutan to get a foothold on the west coast, but it's never happened, and may never will.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:40 am

Bump. Would love to hear more about this firm.

Return to “Legal Employment”