If I tell an employer....

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

If I tell an employer....

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:15 pm

I informed an employer I have an offer that expires this Friday. They said they will do their best to get me a decision by Friday. If their hiring committee doesnt meet until Monday of the following week will they assume I accepted the Friday offer? Should I let them know I am holding out for them (If I end up doing so)? Thanks

Anonymous User

Re: If I tell an employer....

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:36 pm

Bump

Re: If I tell an employer....

Postby 09042014 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:40 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I informed an employer I have an offer that expires this Friday. They said they will do their best to get me a decision by Friday. If their hiring committee doesnt meet until Monday of the following week will they assume I accepted the Friday offer? Should I let them know I am holding out for them (If I end up doing so)? Thanks

I would let them know if you are holding out. I wouldn't bother emailing them to tell them you took another offer.

I also wouldn't let your offer expire in the hopes that another firm will give an offer. Unless you have a couple more with longer dates that are basically as good as the one you let drop.

Return to “Legal Employment”