Expressing continued interest

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
WhoMe?

Expressing continued interest

Postby WhoMe? » Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:54 am

A couple of weeks after OCI, hearing crickets from about half the firms, is it appropriate to contact them to express continued interest?

Is the answer different depending on whether the silence follows a screener vs. a callback?

Anonymous User

Re: Expressing continued interest

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:05 am

Do it either way.

WhoMe?

Postby WhoMe? » Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:29 am

Has anyone gotten results this way?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:34 am

Yes: got notice of a rejection that had gotten lost in the mail, got a "thank you that is helpful information - we will be in touch as soon as possible", and an offer.

Caveat - all three were from an email that said "Am still interested. I have another offer that expires on XX/XX"

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:37 am

Anonymous User wrote:Yes: got notice of a rejection that had gotten lost in the mail, got a "thank you that is helpful information - we will be in touch as soon as possible", and an offer.

Caveat - all three were from an email that said "Am still interested. I have another offer that expires on XX/XX"

TCR. In my opinion, sending an "I'm still interested" message is only appropriate if you have an offer.

WhoMe?

Postby WhoMe? » Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:41 pm

Hmm ... so if one doesn't have another offer yet, one would maintain radio silence?

WhoMe?

Postby WhoMe? » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:45 pm

Perhaps this fits in the "nothing to lose" category.

I can't imagine a firm saying, "We were planning to make an offer to this candidate, but now we'll pick someone else, because this person had the audacity to let us know that he/she was still interested in us."

On the other hand, is it also "nothing to gain"?

Return to “Legal Employment”