No Confirmation E-mail From Recruiter for CB Tomorrow

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

No Confirmation E-mail From Recruiter for CB Tomorrow

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:33 pm

Thought it would come, but didn't. Is this normal? Should I shoot an e-mail to the recruiter right now asking to confirm or just blaze in tomorrow like it's NBD?

Anonymous User

Re: No Confirmation E-mail From Recruiter for CB Tomorrow

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:35 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Thought it would come, but didn't. Is this normal? Should I shoot an e-mail to the recruiter right now asking to confirm or just blaze in tomorrow like it's NBD?

Definitely email to confirm. You want to know who you're interviewing with.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:38 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Thought it would come, but didn't. Is this normal? Should I shoot an e-mail to the recruiter right now asking to confirm or just blaze in tomorrow like it's NBD?

Do recruiters respond to emails after business hours though?

delusional

Postby delusional » Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:41 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

I didn't hear from one office, so I emailed them the night before. I didn't get a response that night, but I did get one the next morning for an afternoon callback. Also, one firm that did email a confirmation was utterly baffled when I showed up. It was like the receptionist had never heard of callbacks before, until I found the email, told them the recruiter's name, and they managed to locate her wandering around the building somewhere.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:45 pm

delusional wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

I didn't hear from one office, so I emailed them the night before. I didn't get a response that night, but I did get one the next morning for an afternoon callback. Also, one firm that did email a confirmation was utterly baffled when I showed up. It was like the receptionist had never heard of callbacks before, until I found the email, told them the recruiter's name, and they managed to locate her wandering around the building somewhere.

Not really a great sign for the firm. Good luck with that.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:47 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Do recruiters respond to emails after business hours though?

One firm sent me the wrong schedule while I was on a flight, and I replied after business hours on a Friday horrified that I was effed for my Monday am callback. The recruiter cheerfully responded at like 10pm on the Friday though and fixed everything, then waved off my apology for making her work on a Friday by saying it was her pleasure. YMMV.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:15 pm

Just got an email at 11:00pm with the schedule for my 10:00am callback. I feel your pain, OP.

Return to “Legal Employment”