how to dress

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273382
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

how to dress

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:33 pm

Help!

Lunch invitation post-offer to meet with associate. High-end restaurant.

Do I wear my suit or would a dress be fine?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273382
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: how to dress

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:34 pm

What's the daily dress code at the firm? If it's not business formal (that is, if she won't be wearing a suit), I'd just go with the dress.

User avatar
glitter178
Posts: 771
Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:21 pm

Re: how to dress

Postby glitter178 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:38 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Help!

Lunch invitation post-offer to meet with associate. High-end restaurant.

Do I wear my suit or would a dress be fine?


suit. you can always remove the jacket and then, viola, business casual.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273382
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: how to dress

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:46 pm

glitter178 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Help!

Lunch invitation post-offer to meet with associate. High-end restaurant.

Do I wear my suit or would a dress be fine?


suit. you can always remove the jacket and then, viola, business casual.


dude, post-offer, relax. nevertheless, err on the side of overdressed and wear the suit. you can remove jacket upon sitting. congrats, btw! which firm?

User avatar
MarkRenton
Posts: 420
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:54 pm

Re: how to dress

Postby MarkRenton » Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:46 pm

Anonymous User wrote:What's the daily dress code at the firm? If it's not business formal (that is, if she won't be wearing a suit), I'd just go with the dress.


Absolutely this.

User avatar
bk1
Posts: 18422
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:06 pm

Re: how to dress

Postby bk1 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:49 pm

MarkRenton wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:What's the daily dress code at the firm? If it's not business formal (that is, if she won't be wearing a suit), I'd just go with the dress.


Absolutely this.




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.