Telling firms post-CB that you have other offers? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Telling firms post-CB that you have other offers?

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:31 pm

Not sure if this needs to be anon but maybe for follow-up...

Is it credited to tell firms you liked at a CB but haven't heard from (for say a couple of weeks) that you've received other offers (and therefore now have a time limit on considering an offer they may make) but are still interested? If yes, who do you inform - recruiting coordinator?

Will they likely ask which other firms? What if those firms are in other markets, significantly less prestigious, or just have very different practice strengths then this firm's (and which you had said you were interested in?) Could this backfire? Anyone have experience with this?

I don't want to be pushy or force a firm that is waiting to hear form others they have made offers to, to reject me prematurely - but at the same time maybe it shows you are wanted?

jarak01

New

Re: Telling firms post-CB that you have other offers?

Post by jarak01 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:42 pm

I've had recruiting coordinators at CBs tell me specifically to contact them if you need a decision in time-sensitive manner.

OneMoreLawHopeful

Silver

Post by OneMoreLawHopeful » Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:46 pm

jarak01 wrote:I've had recruiting coordinators at CBs tell me specifically to contact them if you need a decision in time-sensitive manner.
+1

I've been told the exact same thing by recruiting staff at places I had CBs.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:44 pm

1. Thanks! Did they ask which firms they were with?
2. Do you think they cared?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”