Dealing with CB rejections...

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273252
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Dealing with CB rejections...

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:51 pm

mr_toad wrote:
NYC2014 wrote:Hey OP, you're a straight white male, right? If you weren't you wouldn't have any trouble with callbacks.

'MERICA, land of opportunity (for minorities and women).


Ridiculous. Am straight white male and 2/3 offers/callbacks so far. Must be nice to blame others for your problems.



+1 same. Sorry you have to blame your struggles on your race/gender. Ironic since I think that was the original argument against programs like affirmative action.

tim.janitor
Posts: 65
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:12 am

Re: Dealing with CB rejections...

Postby tim.janitor » Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:01 pm

bk1 wrote:
NYC2014 wrote:Hey OP, you're a straight white male, right? If you weren't you wouldn't have any trouble with callbacks.

'MERICA, land of opportunity (for minorities and women).


You keep bringing this shit up. This is your final warning before I start banning you for being a crappy troll.


If a white, male candidate and a URM/female/LGBT are similar in the eyes of the firm (and there is one spot left), they will pick the latter every day of the week and twice on sunday. Undeniable.

However, if you're a white, male and they like you better than URM/female/LGBT you will get the jerb.

User avatar
mr_toad
Posts: 669
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:08 am

Re: Dealing with CB rejections...

Postby mr_toad » Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:05 pm

tim.janitor wrote:
bk1 wrote:
NYC2014 wrote:Hey OP, you're a straight white male, right? If you weren't you wouldn't have any trouble with callbacks.

'MERICA, land of opportunity (for minorities and women).


You keep bringing this shit up. This is your final warning before I start banning you for being a crappy troll.


If a white, male candidate and a URM/female/LGBT are similar in the eyes of the firm (and there is one spot left), they will pick the latter every day of the week and twice on sunday. Undeniable.

However, if you're a white, male and they like you better than URM/female/LGBT you will get the jerb.


And, if, you, use, commas like in the above sentence, have fun losing on the merits. Love, a white male.

User avatar
bk1
Posts: 18417
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:06 pm

Re: Dealing with CB rejections...

Postby bk1 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:06 pm

tim.janitor wrote:If a white, male candidate and a URM/female/LGBT are similar in the eyes of the firm (and there is one spot left), they will pick the latter every day of the week and twice on sunday. Undeniable.

However, if you're a white, male and they like you better than URM/female/LGBT you will get the jerb.


This is why this argument is a strawman: two people are never the same.

tim.janitor
Posts: 65
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:12 am

Re: Dealing with CB rejections...

Postby tim.janitor » Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:09 pm

mr_toad wrote:
tim.janitor wrote:
bk1 wrote:
NYC2014 wrote:Hey OP, you're a straight white male, right? If you weren't you wouldn't have any trouble with callbacks.

'MERICA, land of opportunity (for minorities and women).


You keep bringing this shit up. This is your final warning before I start banning you for being a crappy troll.


If a white, male candidate and a URM/female/LGBT are similar in the eyes of the firm (and there is one spot left), they will pick the latter every day of the week and twice on sunday. Undeniable.

However, if you're a white, male and they like you better than URM/female/LGBT you will get the jerb.


And, if, you, use, commas like in the above sentence, have fun losing on the merits. Love, a white male.


Hahaha your the guy on facebook whom corrects other people's grammar and there homophones. Are not you?

And I'm just a janitor. So take it easy.

User avatar
fatduck
Posts: 4186
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:16 pm

Re: Dealing with CB rejections...

Postby fatduck » Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:37 pm

tim.janitor wrote:
mr_toad wrote:And, if, you, use, commas like in the above sentence, have fun losing on the merits. Love, a white male.


Hahaha your the guy on facebook whom corrects other people's grammar and there homophones. Are not you?

And I'm just a janitor. So take it easy.

would it be fair to call you a JD Janitor?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273252
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Dealing with CB rejections...

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:44 pm

from contemporary anecdotal evidence, it seems like transfers from lower t1/high t2 into t14s are doing well for CBs but bad for Offers. It seems that at the CB stage, we need you other highly qualified CB candidates to screw up, because why risk hiring a transfer when they can take you instead.

Its not my favorite thing, but I understand it. The non-transfers or transfers from top schools earned the deference.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273252
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Dealing with CB rejections...

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:45 am

Anonymous User wrote:from contemporary anecdotal evidence, it seems like transfers from lower t1/high t2 into t14s are doing well for CBs but bad for Offers. It seems that at the CB stage, we need you other highly qualified CB candidates to screw up, because why risk hiring a transfer when they can take you instead.

Its not my favorite thing, but I understand it. The non-transfers or transfers from top schools earned the deference.


Not at my school FWIW

Anonymous User
Posts: 273252
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Dealing with CB rejections...

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:01 am

ha - maybe its just me then.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273252
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Dealing with CB rejections...

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:11 am

Anonymous User wrote:ha - maybe its just me then.


I think that a few things go into it, I think that transferring out of region in particular can hurt transfers. Does that make sense?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273252
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Dealing with CB rejections...

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:58 am

Anonymous User wrote:from contemporary anecdotal evidence, it seems like transfers from lower t1/high t2 into t14s are doing well for CBs but bad for Offers. It seems that at the CB stage, we need you other highly qualified CB candidates to screw up, because why risk hiring a transfer when they can take you instead.

Its not my favorite thing, but I understand it. The non-transfers or transfers from top schools earned the deference.


Not my experience - I have converted all of my CBs into offers so far.

jarofsoup
Posts: 1951
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:41 am

Re: Dealing with CB rejections...

Postby jarofsoup » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:02 am

Sounds really dumb, but according to my CDO offers are going to be scarce this year because candidates are more likely to accept. So maybe they think you are not going to accept there offer? Or something.... I know it is weird sounding but these things are two sided. But mock interview again if you have a chance.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273252
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Dealing with CB rejections...

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:39 am

Anonymous User wrote:from contemporary anecdotal evidence, it seems like transfers from lower t1/high t2 into t14s are doing well for CBs but bad for Offers. It seems that at the CB stage, we need you other highly qualified CB candidates to screw up, because why risk hiring a transfer when they can take you instead.

Its not my favorite thing, but I understand it. The non-transfers or transfers from top schools earned the deference.



Transfer here from T30 to CCN. 1:2 in terms of CB:Offers. CSO told us that most median students go around 1:3 for CB:Offers. Just some more anecdotal evidence.




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.