Big Shrimpin wrote:Here's my plan:
- split rent/living expenses 50/50, at around 2.5K/mo
- spend like 3.5K/mo in loans
- have like 1.5K/mo to spend on enjoying self
- save very little, if any, first year
- each year, apply most of pay increase to loans and put bonuses into savings
- be un-BIGDEBTPWNED in like 3-4 years
- if shitcanned in first few years, killself
This actually sounds like a good plan (not kidding).
Also, unless you have particularly expensive tastes, $1.5k is plenty of spending money. You won't spend anything during the week (save $5-$10 on lunch). Even if you blow $200 every weekend you can still live within that.