The Vale of Tears (3L Job Hunting) (No advice for 0/1/2Ls)

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
baal hadad

Re: The Vale of Tears (3L Job Hunting) (No advice for 0/1/2Ls)

Postby baal hadad » Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:17 pm

spleenworship wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:For various reasons had to take a part time government position this 2L summer through the school, with virtually 0 chance of any type of long-term employment out of it.

I THINK they've liked me a lot.. particularly my supervisor, but figured I still wouldn't get anything out of it. Supervisor just came by, complimented my work this summer (last day), and then stated she reserved an hour to talk to me at end of day...

Hoping this means something good for long-term employment???

Probably not...

At a minimum it's a LOR and a network contact. Maybe more, you never know. Good luck!

Agree

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:08 pm

How many references from my 2L firm are appropriate? Especially if the goal is to show that I wasn't no-offered because of fit/work product.

Druid

Postby Druid » Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:39 pm

Anonymous User wrote:For various reasons had to take a part time government position this 2L summer through the school, with virtually 0 chance of any type of long-term employment out of it.

I THINK they've liked me a lot.. particularly my supervisor, but figured I still wouldn't get anything out of it. Supervisor just came by, complimented my work this summer (last day), and then stated she reserved an hour to talk to me at end of day...

Hoping this means something good for long-term employment???

Probably not...

Let us know what happens!

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:42 pm

Quick question for my fellow valers. I have been applying to jobs and the writing samples I have been using are trial documents I prepared while clerking for a guardian ad litem; final orders, wills, motions, etc. If I edit those out for personal information is it smart to use those as writing samples? Or should I use old notes from forever ago?

Druid

Postby Druid » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:22 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Quick question for my fellow valers. I have been applying to jobs and the writing samples I have been using are trial documents I prepared while clerking for a guardian ad litem; final orders, wills, motions, etc. If I edit those out for personal information is it smart to use those as writing samples? Or should I use old notes from forever ago?

Most recent is preferred. Just make sure you check with your employer to see what information they want taken out. I don't really know about orders and wills, but I do know many people who used substantive motions as their writing samples.

crumpetsandtea

Postby crumpetsandtea » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:07 pm

Bikeflip wrote:
bjsesq wrote:
crumpetsandtea wrote:Figure it's about time for me to post in here. I'm feeling totally crushed by the amount of work I need to do this summer applying to PI fellowship sponsors/fellowships, clerkships, gov honors programs, and firms and totally freaked out by the prospect of not having ANYTHING. So, uh, yeah, sup guys.

Just saw this. :( Love you, dooder. Need anything: ask.

+1. The Vale is for helping us all out.

Thanks guys, y'all are the best. I actually have an interview for a clerkship & a fellowship sponsor in the next week. I haven't even told anyone about them yet because I'm so scared that telling people IRL will "jinx" it, or I'll have to end up telling all my friends about how I got rejected. I also had a stress dream last night that I forgot about the clerkship interview and missed it and I woke up super stressed out, right before I officially missed the interview (the same way you wake up right before you die in a dream). THANKS BRAIN.
Anonymous User wrote:Entering 3L now, needed a place to vent, figured this was as good as any. I have been top 1/3 at a borderline T1. The last 2 years I was lucky if I even got an interview for any position as a result my resume is barren, and I have no real experience in law besides some BS research assistant jobs aka bluebooking and hating life. I honestly have no idea what I am going to do to unfuck myself from this situation. Earlier in the summer I was regretting going back to school because I would have to try to come up with some lie about what I did over the summer, now I don't really care if people make fun of me because I feel like I have seriously screwed up my life. Deep down I know I should just throw in the towel and withdrawal, and just treat the last 2 years as a sunken cost (its not like I learned anything important anyway lol), and I have even had discussions with my family to this extent, but I was pretty much told I would be disowned if I did it. So here's to the next year or two sitting in the Vale hopefully I win the lottery because it seems like the only way out right now.

Dude, the bolded is horrible. I'm so sorry ): Big virtual hugs to you <3 <3 <3

Question: Does anyone have tips on selling yourself for corporate positions if your resume screams lit? Or is that just a battle you're never gonna win? Our 3L OCI is almost exclusively corporate work and I have an interview w/a big NY firm + a few finance-based gov agencies. Most of my resume screams L&E lit work. Not really sure how I'm supposed to adequately pitch myself.

A. Nony Mouse

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:27 pm

crumpetsandtea wrote:Thanks guys, y'all are the best. I actually have an interview for a clerkship & a fellowship sponsor in the next week. I haven't even told anyone about them yet because I'm so scared that telling people IRL will "jinx" it, or I'll have to end up telling all my friends about how I got rejected. I also had a stress dream last night that I forgot about the clerkship interview and missed it and I woke up super stressed out, right before I officially missed the interview (the same way you wake up right before you die in a dream). THANKS BRAIN.

ooooh, good luck!!!

spleenworship

Postby spleenworship » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:29 pm

A. Nony Mouse wrote:
crumpetsandtea wrote:Thanks guys, y'all are the best. I actually have an interview for a clerkship & a fellowship sponsor in the next week. I haven't even told anyone about them yet because I'm so scared that telling people IRL will "jinx" it, or I'll have to end up telling all my friends about how I got rejected. I also had a stress dream last night that I forgot about the clerkship interview and missed it and I woke up super stressed out, right before I officially missed the interview (the same way you wake up right before you die in a dream). THANKS BRAIN.

ooooh, good luck!!!

Pokemon

Postby Pokemon » Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:07 am

crumpetsandtea wrote:
Bikeflip wrote:
bjsesq wrote:
crumpetsandtea wrote:Figure it's about time for me to post in here. I'm feeling totally crushed by the amount of work I need to do this summer applying to PI fellowship sponsors/fellowships, clerkships, gov honors programs, and firms and totally freaked out by the prospect of not having ANYTHING. So, uh, yeah, sup guys.

Just saw this. :( Love you, dooder. Need anything: ask.

+1. The Vale is for helping us all out.

Thanks guys, y'all are the best. I actually have an interview for a clerkship & a fellowship sponsor in the next week. I haven't even told anyone about them yet because I'm so scared that telling people IRL will "jinx" it, or I'll have to end up telling all my friends about how I got rejected. I also had a stress dream last night that I forgot about the clerkship interview and missed it and I woke up super stressed out, right before I officially missed the interview (the same way you wake up right before you die in a dream). THANKS BRAIN.
Anonymous User wrote:Entering 3L now, needed a place to vent, figured this was as good as any. I have been top 1/3 at a borderline T1. The last 2 years I was lucky if I even got an interview for any position as a result my resume is barren, and I have no real experience in law besides some BS research assistant jobs aka bluebooking and hating life. I honestly have no idea what I am going to do to unfuck myself from this situation. Earlier in the summer I was regretting going back to school because I would have to try to come up with some lie about what I did over the summer, now I don't really care if people make fun of me because I feel like I have seriously screwed up my life. Deep down I know I should just throw in the towel and withdrawal, and just treat the last 2 years as a sunken cost (its not like I learned anything important anyway lol), and I have even had discussions with my family to this extent, but I was pretty much told I would be disowned if I did it. So here's to the next year or two sitting in the Vale hopefully I win the lottery because it seems like the only way out right now.

Dude, the bolded is horrible. I'm so sorry ): Big virtual hugs to you <3 <3 <3

Question: Does anyone have tips on selling yourself for corporate positions if your resume screams lit? Or is that just a battle you're never gonna win? Our 3L OCI is almost exclusively corporate work and I have an interview w/a big NY firm + a few finance-based gov agencies. Most of my resume screams L&E lit work. Not really sure how I'm supposed to adequately pitch myself.

I went from working in a litigation firm into a corporate practice area. I also think corporate positions are more open to litigation people than the other way around because so few people know about corporate practices when they enter law school. So short answer, yes.

Druid

Postby Druid » Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:41 am

Right but how do you sell it?

crumpetsandtea

Postby crumpetsandtea » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:34 am

Druid wrote:Right but how do you sell it?

Yeah, how'd you do it? Tell us your secret! (:

Pokemon

Postby Pokemon » Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:15 am

crumpetsandtea wrote:
Druid wrote:Right but how do you sell it?

Yeah, how'd you do it? Tell us your secret! (:

It is hard to respond in abstract without knowing your resume, experience etc. I took both litigation courses and corporate courses so I could point to the corporate ones; I also wanted to do corporate law, so I could be completely honest. Doing some sort of an entrepreneurship clinic might also be helpful. I guess if by 3l, you have done absolutely nothing corporate-related, this might not work.

The bigger point I want to make is that in my experience, corporate practice areas are not looking for you to sell themselves to them as necessarily a corporate person, but they do want something more than someone who is grabbing on any available opportunity. So even small things like taking Secured Transactions and Corporations might be enough to talk about in an interview. They are really going to test your personality and willingness to be a corporate person, and less your history.

I also do not think there is anything wrong with saying that you discovered that you were more interested in corp law as opposed to litigation after 2l. Just provide a good reason why.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:16 pm

I'm in a tough position. I graduated from a T10 without a job. I just took the NY bar. Right before the NY bar, I got an offer with the federal government. They gave me little time to respond so I knee jerked and took the position. I know it may seem like I should be grateful but I'm really really nervous in actuality. It's a job with the Social Security Administration as an Attorney-Advisor in the Maryland/Virginia area. Away from the state I hope to be barred in and well away from the kind of law I want to practice (transx/real estate/banking compliance). I took it because I was running dangerously low on funds and I figured it would be easier finding a job when you have a job already. But I worry more and more that this job is far too niche and non portable to other federal agencies and hence an unattractive dead end.

I'm thinking about jumping ship as soon as I find a real estate/banking compliance position in NY but I'm afraid the market over there is just super saturated with people without a job and those with excellent experience from firms looking to get the jobs I'm looking at. Does anybody have any strategies/advice? How will it look if I leave the job after a month or two of working there? You think the experience after a year is worth staying? Does anybody understand my predicament? Or am I just spoiled?

**I posted in the vale because I still consider myself a valer. This is NOT what I pictured doing after graduation.

spleenworship

Postby spleenworship » Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:55 pm

It's ok. We understand. Good job on getting something to fill the time. Good luck on getting something better for you.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:09 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I'm in a tough position. I graduated from a T10 without a job. I just took the NY bar. Right before the NY bar, I got an offer with the federal government. They gave me little time to respond so I knee jerked and took the position. I know it may seem like I should be grateful but I'm really really nervous in actuality. It's a job with the Social Security Administration as an Attorney-Advisor in the Maryland/Virginia area. Away from the state I hope to be barred in and well away from the kind of law I want to practice (transx/real estate/banking compliance). I took it because I was running dangerously low on funds and I figured it would be easier finding a job when you have a job already. But I worry more and more that this job is far too niche and non portable to other federal agencies and hence an unattractive dead end.

I'm thinking about jumping ship as soon as I find a real estate/banking compliance position in NY but I'm afraid the market over there is just super saturated with people without a job and those with excellent experience from firms looking to get the jobs I'm looking at. Does anybody have any strategies/advice? How will it look if I leave the job after a month or two of working there? You think the experience after a year is worth staying? Does anybody understand my predicament? Or am I just spoiled?

**I posted in the vale because I still consider myself a valer. This is NOT what I pictured doing after graduation.

Hi, I wanted to reply to your post because I was in a similar position (T6/10 grad) and I also think if what you have isn't what you wanted then you're entitled to consider yourself whatever you want. :) Also, I had experience with a niche agency (someone had told me once you get into government it's easier to move around but now I don't think that's necessarily true...I think it does depend on the agency). I think if the connection between the position and what you actually want to do isn't really there, then you should definitely feel free to look at it as a temporary situation. Honestly, you went to a great school and that actually is worth something (though I think a lot of times in the situation it starts not to feel like it) so I think you should use the opportunity to try and do what you want. Finally, I see nothing wrong with doing it for the money and maybe broad experience you can pull out/talk about for when you get interviews in real estate/banking (i.e. managing cases, learning a complex new area quickly) but I think it'll also allow you discretion for putting it on your resume or not. I understand your predicament because I struggled throughout the year finding a position I was excited about but I want to encourage you to keep going for the things you are most interested in--that doesn't make you spoiled! Good luck!

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:04 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I'm in a tough position. I graduated from a T10 without a job. I just took the NY bar. Right before the NY bar, I got an offer with the federal government. They gave me little time to respond so I knee jerked and took the position. I know it may seem like I should be grateful but I'm really really nervous in actuality. It's a job with the Social Security Administration as an Attorney-Advisor in the Maryland/Virginia area. Away from the state I hope to be barred in and well away from the kind of law I want to practice (transx/real estate/banking compliance). I took it because I was running dangerously low on funds and I figured it would be easier finding a job when you have a job already. But I worry more and more that this job is far too niche and non portable to other federal agencies and hence an unattractive dead end.

Hi, I wanted to reply to your post because I was in a similar position (T6/10 grad) and I also think if what you have isn't what you wanted then you're entitled to consider yourself whatever you want. :) Also, I had experience with a niche agency (someone had told me once you get into government it's easier to move around but now I don't think that's necessarily true...I think it does depend on the agency). I think if the connection between the position and what you actually want to do isn't really there, then you should definitely feel free to look at it as a temporary situation. Honestly, you went to a great school and that actually is worth something (though I think a lot of times in the situation it starts not to feel like it) so I think you should use the opportunity to try and do what you want. Finally, I see nothing wrong with doing it for the money and maybe broad experience you can pull out/talk about for when you get interviews in real estate/banking (i.e. managing cases, learning a complex new area quickly) but I think it'll also allow you discretion for putting it on your resume or not. I understand your predicament because I struggled throughout the year finding a position I was excited about but I want to encourage you to keep going for the things you are most interested in--that doesn't make you spoiled! Good luck!

This is very reassuring. I'm doing my best to contact alumni that's in the area and seeing what advice they have for me. I agree with you at the moment. It's tough to see what the value of my school is bringing me. Hopefully the alum will come through for me and I will see it then. Thanks for the words also, spleenworship.

numbertwo88

Postby numbertwo88 » Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:06 pm

Decided I'd post ... since I'm finally arising from my post-bar exam induced depression.

Was offered a position @ a firm I interned at but it's closing early 2015 (so technically I'd have merely 3 months of work after bar exam results) so ended up turning it down because it made no sense but I was flattered.

Only interested in family law/divorce and my resume is essentially strictly family law work save for 1 internship in real property/zoning compliance with a government office.

Interviewed with a legal staffing agency for temp work but the woman flat out told me most temp jobs prefer someone with corporate/business law experience which made me feel like I wasted an hour of my life interviewing.

Not sure what the hell I am doing but I hope to find a job by the time bar results are released or ... I'll hang my own shingle which is what I planned on doing before I turned 30 so I'd be doing it about 4 years too soon.

It's hard trying to feign optimism about this process.

baal hadad

Postby baal hadad » Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:28 pm

numbertwo88 wrote:Decided I'd post ... since I'm finally arising from my post-bar exam induced depression.

Was offered a position @ a firm I interned at but it's closing early 2015 (so technically I'd have merely 3 months of work after bar exam results) so ended up turning it down because it made no sense but I was flattered.

Only interested in family law/divorce and my resume is essentially strictly family law work save for 1 internship in real property/zoning compliance with a government office.

Interviewed with a legal staffing agency for temp work but the woman flat out told me most temp jobs prefer someone with corporate/business law experience which made me feel like I wasted an hour of my life interviewing.

Not sure what the hell I am doing but I hope to find a job by the time bar results are released or ... I'll hang my own shingle which is what I planned on doing before I turned 30 so I'd be doing it about 4 years too soon.

It's hard trying to feign optimism about this process.

You're actually not in a terrible place

There are a lot of small family law firms out there

You may be able to pick up some work here and there from some until one needs a full time associate or you go solo

Networking is key

Honestly I don't think you're in as bad a spot as the dude w nothing but corporate law experience who wants to work for a big firm

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:51 pm

Hey everyone:

I was a May 2013 grad with median grades from a Tier 2. I took and passed the July 2013 bar exam. Since being licensed and up until June, I was a gov attorney…for free. I was SO tired and frustrated volunteering while many of my friends were getting paid as attorneys. Nonetheless, I continued to work as if I was getting paid and put my all into it. I slowly but surely added impressive tasks and skills onto my resume. I applied to every job I could find and went on countless interviews. Some interviews went extremely well and I was the final two candidates many times, but those ended up not working out for whatever reason. I will say this: during every interview, the attorneys were so impressed with my work. They really admired the fact that I was willing to work for free yet get paid in experience. In May, I found a job posting for an awesome gov attorney position and decided to apply for the heck of it (it seemed like such a long shot). I got the job. All those months of free work paid off with an amazing job with a high salary (compared to other government atty jobs) and excellent benefits. Everything happened so fast…the entire process took 1 month from first interview to offer. Just when I was about to give up on a legal career (I couldn't even find legal work let alone attorney work), I got a such sweet gig…a permanent attorney job that I LOVE in the area of law I LOVE…my future is finally looking bright after many hopeless months.

Things will happen for you when they are supposed to. I now look back on my rejections for jobs I thought I wanted, but I would choose this job over those any day.

Never.give.up. and never.lose.hope. Please believe me when I say this, as I was unemployed from the day of graduation for an entire year after that.

baal hadad

Postby baal hadad » Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:53 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Hey everyone:

I was a May 2013 grad with median grades from a Tier 2. I took and passed the July 2013 bar exam. Since being licensed and up until June, I was a gov attorney…for free. I was SO tired and frustrated volunteering while many of my friends were getting paid as attorneys. Nonetheless, I continued to work as if I was getting paid and put my all into it. I slowly but surely added impressive tasks and skills onto my resume. I applied to every job I could find and went on countless interviews. Some interviews went extremely well and I was the final two candidates many times, but those ended up not working out for whatever reason. I will say this: during every interview, the attorneys were so impressed with my work. They really admired the fact that I was willing to work for free yet get paid in experience. In May, I found a job posting for an awesome gov attorney position and decided to apply for the heck of it (it seemed like such a long shot). I got the job. All those months of free work paid off with an amazing job with a high salary (compared to other government atty jobs) and excellent benefits. Everything happened so fast…the entire process took 1 month from first interview to offer. Just when I was about to give up on a legal career (I couldn't even find legal work let alone attorney work), I got a such sweet gig…a permanent attorney job that I LOVE in the area of law I LOVE…my future is finally looking bright after many hopeless months.

Things will happen for you when they are supposed to. I now look back on my rejections for jobs I thought I wanted, but I would choose this job over those any day.

Never.give.up. and never.lose.hope. Please believe me when I say this, as I was unemployed from the day of graduation for an entire year after that.

Pretty cool story anon

grats and thanks for sharing

Bikeflip

Postby Bikeflip » Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:10 pm

baal hadad wrote:Pretty cool story anon

grats and thanks for sharing

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:56 pm

I've posted here before both as an AP and under my forum name. I thought I would share my story for whatever it's worth, esp as I scale back from visiting the site since I don't know how much I can contribute.

To give background, I graduated w/ honors from a CCN. Unfortunately, I struck out twice at 2L OCI. After the first year of law school, I went into a major depression that reached a high point after completing striking out at my first 2L OCI and becoming suicidal. It was at that point I started more intensive therapy as well as medication. The second semester of that year I went part time and joined a day program at a city medical center, which included group therapy and DBT almost everyday while I took classes afterward. I was unsuccessful that year of obtaining a firm job, and took a gov job w/ a state atty while pretty much all my friends, who had become increasingly toxic w/ 2L were working in biglaw. I came back after that summer as a partial 2L, so I was able to do 2L OCI again. Unfortunately, while I got some callbacks, I failed to secure a position in a law firm, and took a bs fed reg job in an unknown agency. Throughout this course, I continued to go in and out of major depression and suicidal thinking, even though I was continuing intensive treatment. I tried various methods of obtaining a job, including networking in specific industries that was well beyond what any law student ever does, and at significant expense that included paying an outside career counselor who was ultimately useless. School had no idea what to do w/ me, and seemed to want to just dump me, as it does with all its failures. For my final semester, 3L OCI was a complete joke and I never secured anything.

Fortunately, my school had a fellowship program, which I was able to secure in Feb before I took the bar exam. The fellowship, while providing exp, was a very difficult place as it did I was its first and only fellow, and was treated quite poorly bureaucratically. It was also clear there was no future there for me. Throughout the fellowship, I continued to network and take interviews, to come out w/ no success. As the fellowship was coming to a close, it was increasingly apparent that I would finish w/out a job lined up and likely have to move home once my lease expired and take another bar exam. As you can imagine, this magnified my depression, and prolly for the first real time, I made a much more actual commitment to kill myself. It was only after seeing how devastating it would be to people who weren't even that close to me, both from comments on here as well as in real world, and hearing my sister cry as I told her my plans, that I moved back from that brink.

Towards the final weeks of my fellowship, I was able to secure an interview for a similar agency continuing the same work, even though I was not exactly what they were looking for (they advertised for a person w/ more exp and a technical degree). Unfortunately, when my fellowship ended, I kinda continued volunteering under the radar, but was suddenly and unceremoniously terminated on less than a day's notice. All the while I was waiting to hear from that agency. Finally, after weeks of waiting, I was given a conditional offer. It was conditional b/c they still needed to get budget approval from another department. So I was stuck in limbo, but with things kinda looking up. It wouldn't be till much over two months later that I was given a full offer, and I started the new job recently.

While I am happy to finally have landed a job, and a good one at that being govt and the lawyers unionized, there is still a lot of lingering doubt and bad feeling. I still feel butt hurt about not getting into biglaw like students from my law school are supposed to, and significant friction and toxicity that people who were once my friends became as they continued in big law while I was treated as second class. It didn't help that many people had no understanding of depression and how messed up things were when I was constantly changing meds for a year. I also have no idea where this new job will take me, what exp I will get, or what my future will be like, and of course not making as much money as my big law classmates and not being in the "ideal" setting. There is also much anger that the networking and industry focus I did really did not contribute to how things turned out, so significant regret over all those costs. And like many others, I have significant law school debt and credit card debt that I will need to figure out how to pay while living in a city that is not cheap. I have also discontinued therapy, but I still take meds, and those demons will be there and the exp I went through, including losing a friend to suicide, will stay with me. But things did work out eventually in a strange, circuitous, and fucked up way.

As I said earlier, I don't know if my story can give hope or whatever. I was fortunate to have many privileges that I know others don't, including coming from a CCN w/ a fellowship program, a family that was willing to bear some of the financial burden of living and medical treatment that my fellowship and loans could not cover, and living in a city that had some of the best medical treatment in the world. One thing that did help that I would recommend to anyone, and what I wish I had done during law school, is joining meetups/clubs/gyms outside the fucking law school. It made a big difference when I joined a non-school affiliated gym and meetups, where I met people who weren't insane law students or lawyers.

The only thing I can say in the end is just have to keep trying. It will be an absolute bitch and many, if not most people, will not understand the hell you are going through, which sucks and makes it worse. You will also be treated like shit by many people, whether employers or peers. Do be open to getting medical and psych help, including group therapy, and know that suicide really does fuck w/ people. Law is a hell of a field. At one point, everyone in the day program with me were either lawyers/law students, or the child of a lawyer. Make friends who aren't lawyers, and just take one day at a time and keep trying. I really do hope everyone the best and will contribute however I can, including answering any questions people may have in response to this. Good luck and god speed.

crumpetsandtea

Postby crumpetsandtea » Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:40 pm

Damn, anon, you are a fucking badass. A lot of people with depression would not be able to find it in themselves to keep up the grind of job hunting when that severely depressed. You are a god damn fighter. I'm so sorry for what you've been through (both your own depression and losing a friend to suicide). Congratulations on your new position.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:33 am

I'm paralyzed with fear right now. Rising 3L, no 2L SA, T14... The prospect of landing a 2015 entry level associate position seems so bleak.

crumpetsandtea

Postby crumpetsandtea » Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:58 am

Anonymous User wrote:I'm paralyzed with fear right now. Rising 3L, no 2L SA, T14... The prospect of landing a 2015 entry level associate position seems so bleak.

Are you dead set on working for a big firm?

Return to “Legal Employment”