The Vale of Tears (3L Job Hunting) (No advice for 0/1/2Ls)

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
chrisbru

Re: The Vale of Tears (3L Job Hunting) (No advice for 0/1/2Ls)

Postby chrisbru » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:40 pm

Good vibes in the Vale today!

Lasers

Postby Lasers » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:46 pm

kalvano wrote:
Gorki wrote:
kalvano wrote:Out of the Vale. Got the call today. Staff attorney for a large firm here, with the possibility of full associate in a year or so. Even if that doesn't work out, the experience (and money) will be great.

Awesome man. Is it in a market you can see yourself staying in long term? Either way, great work.

It's Dallas, and I'd like to move at some point, but the work I'll be doing sounds really, really, really interesting to me. So we're settled here for a while. I have to think that if I ever do want to move, the kind of work I'll be doing and this firm's name will make that a much easier transition.

Either way, blown away. I thought the interview went terrible, since my son was born at 2-something that morning and I'd had 2 hours of sleep.

wow bro, that's doubly awesome. congrats!

A. Nony Mouse

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:50 pm

Congrats Vale leavers! (And to kalvano on your kid!!)

rad lulz

Postby rad lulz » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:16 pm

Anonymous User wrote:2 weeks since No Offer Day and I am seriously just paralyzed. I know I have to get things done and applications out, but I just have no clue how to go about it. I am having a hard time caring about anything, including class or applying for jobs. This is the worst feeling ever.

I know this was a couple pages ago but that's totally normal feeling man

I can only say that you will feel better in the future man

rad lulz

Postby rad lulz » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:18 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Leaving the Vale as well for a job I'm really excited to go to. Good luck to everyone.

kalvano wrote:Out of the Vale. Got the call today. Staff attorney for a large firm here, with the possibility of full associate in a year or so. Even if that doesn't work out, the experience (and money) will be great.

Good shit dudes

Especially you Kal

Real happy for you brother

Bikeflip

Postby Bikeflip » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:27 pm

kalvano wrote:
Gorki wrote:

Awesome man. Is it in a market you can see yourself staying in long term? Either way, great work.

It's Dallas, and I'd like to move at some point, but the work I'll be doing sounds really, really, really interesting to me. So we're settled here for a while. I have to think that if I ever do want to move, the kind of work I'll be doing and this firm's name will make that a much easier transition.

Either way, blown away. I thought the interview went terrible, since my son was born at 2-something that morning and I'd had 2 hours of sleep.

Sweet brother. Just sweet!

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:19 am

kalvano wrote:
Gorki wrote:

couldn't have happened for a more deserving person- been on here a while. You've been through a lot man and have still always been here with good attitude and willing to help others out. Happy for you!

thewaterlanding

Postby thewaterlanding » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:30 am

kalvano wrote:
Gorki wrote:

Congrats Kalvano. Been a long time lurker and being from Dallas have always read your advice! You deserve it. Good luck!

Pretzel_Logic

Postby Pretzel_Logic » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:51 am

Congrats to the Vale escapees!

chrisbru

Postby chrisbru » Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:03 pm

Offered my second callback of the fall today, this time in my hometown and one of two preferred markets. Insurance defense, which is actually something I'd really like to do—I did a little bit this past summer and enjoyed it.

Wish me luck bros. One Thursday, the other next Wednesday.

spleenworship

Postby spleenworship » Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:11 pm

chrisbru wrote:Offered my second callback of the fall today, this time in my hometown and one of two preferred markets. Insurance defense, which is actually something I'd really like to do—I did a little bit this past summer and enjoyed it.

Good luck!

kalvano

Postby kalvano » Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:12 pm

chrisbru wrote:Offered my second callback of the fall today, this time in my hometown and one of two preferred markets. Insurance defense, which is actually something I'd really like to do—I did a little bit this past summer and enjoyed it.

Best of luck, you'll nail them both.

rad lulz

Postby rad lulz » Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:32 pm

kalvano wrote:

northwood

Postby northwood » Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:46 pm

kalvano wrote:

YOU GOT THIS!!

Stanford4Me

Postby Stanford4Me » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:01 pm

rad lulz wrote:
kalvano wrote:

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:25 pm

My bankruptcy "internship" that was 2 hours away from me just abruptly ended. The attorney told his paralegal to tell me that he no longer needed my services. I'm now unexpectedly back in the vale and shocked beyond belief. :(

mr. wednesday

Postby mr. wednesday » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:57 pm

Anonymous User wrote:My bankruptcy "internship" that was 2 hours away from me just abruptly ended. The attorney told his paralegal to tell me that he no longer needed my services. I'm now unexpectedly back in the vale and shocked beyond belief. :(

That's cold, not even telling you himself.

chrisbru

Postby chrisbru » Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:03 pm

Anonymous User wrote:My bankruptcy "internship" that was 2 hours away from me just abruptly ended. The attorney told his paralegal to tell me that he no longer needed my services. I'm now unexpectedly back in the vale and shocked beyond belief. :(

Sorry to hear that man... I wonder if it was just a budget thing, or maybe a lack of work?

Bikeflip

Postby Bikeflip » Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:21 pm

That's just shady as fuck. Hopefully in the long run, this is a blessing in disguise.

kalvano

Postby kalvano » Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:09 pm

What a jackass. You'll find something better.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:01 pm

Turned 26 today. Feel old as hell.

Yet I'm jerbless and dependent on my parents in almost every conceivable way.

:|

spleenworship

Postby spleenworship » Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:21 pm

kalvano wrote:

What a jackass. You'll find something better.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:57 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Turned 26 today. Feel old as hell.

Happy birthday. Have a beer.

spleenworship

Postby spleenworship » Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:06 pm

Anonymous User wrote:

Happy birthday. Have a beer.

Yeah, screw it. At least you aren't like my classmate in their 40s who is almost certainly unemployable as a lawyer.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:16 pm

26 is old now? Fuck.

Fuck birthdays...they're all down hill after 21.

Return to “Legal Employment”