The Vale of Tears (3L Job Hunting) (No advice for 0/1/2Ls)

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
anonymous1905

Re: The Vale of Tears (3L Job Hunting) (No advice for 0/1/2Ls)

Postby anonymous1905 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:07 am

Dinged from Morgan Lewis NYC and Philly via email

andythefir

Postby andythefir » Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:45 am

New Mexico's 5th, 6th, 12th, and 13th DAs are all hiring.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:23 pm

Hey guys I'm someone who will be doing the 3L OCI 2018 and I understand there is a great amount of difficulty and some would say next to impossible.

That being said people who have been successful (those who got offers and also those of you who got callbacks) would you mind sharing your story a little bit?

Perhaps factors such as which law school (vague ranking such as t10, t20 etc is fine), your GPA (if you don't mind or a range if you prefer), and perhaps why you believe you didn't get it through 2L OCI?

I'm not seeking to shame or make anyone feel bad I just want stories to have an idea of "those who made it why were they originally there and how did they do it"

Thank you guys for your time

Mullens

Postby Mullens » Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:37 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Hey guys I'm someone who will be doing the 3L OCI 2018 and I understand there is a great amount of difficulty and some would say next to impossible.

That being said people who have been successful (those who got offers and also those of you who got callbacks) would you mind sharing your story a little bit?

Perhaps factors such as which law school (vague ranking such as t10, t20 etc is fine), your GPA (if you don't mind or a range if you prefer), and perhaps why you believe you didn't get it through 2L OCI?

I'm not seeking to shame or make anyone feel bad I just want stories to have an idea of "those who made it why were they originally there and how did they do it"

Thank you guys for your time

Please refer to the thread title. There are threads about 3L OCI elsewhere on the site.

gregfootball2001

Postby gregfootball2001 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:06 am

Haven't read back, so hopefully this isn't a repost, but I ran across this posting today for a staff attorney at King and Spalding in LA and thought of y'all.

Positions: 1 | Years of Experience: 1
Type of Experience: King & Spalding seeks an entry-level staff attorney for its growing litigation practice groups in Los Angeles. Qualified candidates will have strong academic credentials; excellent writing, research, analytical, and communication skills; and an eagerness to work hard as part of a team. May and December 2016 law school graduates will be considered, though preference will be given to candidates already barred in California. The staff attorney will provide litigation support, primarily in reviewing and summarizing case materials and drafting discovery responses and motions. To apply, please submit the online application form by clicking the Apply Online link above and attach a resume, law school transcript, writing sample, and cover letter. Applicants should indicate their earliest start date in the cover letter. When completing the online application, select “Los Angeles” as the office, “Business Litigation” as the department, and “Staff Attorney” as the position. No search firm submissions will be accepted.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:21 pm

Sanford Heisler is hiring for its Nashville office (1 year of experience required)
https://sanfordheisler.com/associate-at ... nashville/

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:07 am

Out of the Vale. Landed a nice midlaw job in NYC. I have hope for you all! Keep grinding.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:37 am

Anonymous User wrote:Out of the Vale. Landed a nice midlaw job in NYC. I have hope for you all! Keep grinding.

How/where do you look for midlaw jobs? Congrats!!!

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:08 pm

How is the search going for you who are looking at non-bar-required jobs? (whether out of dislike for law now or for some other reason)

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:24 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Out of the Vale. Landed a nice midlaw job in NYC. I have hope for you all! Keep grinding.

Second this. Can we pm you?

Hellosunflowers79

Postby Hellosunflowers79 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:47 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Second this. Can we pm you?

+1

Manteca

Postby Manteca » Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:50 pm

I'm the poster above. Feel free.

Danger Zone

Postby Danger Zone » Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:54 pm

Manteca wrote:I'm the poster above. Feel free.

Congrats man!

boblawlawblog

Postby boblawlawblog » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:27 pm

Officially made it out of the Vale today. Just landed a fed.dist.clerkship. Couldn't be happier. Persistence and defiance of the naysayers is the key. Also, don't be afraid to be bold enough to stand out from a pile of resumes.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:03 pm

boblawlawblog wrote:Officially made it out of the Vale today. Just landed a fed.dist.clerkship. Couldn't be happier. Persistence and defiance of the naysayers is the key. Also, don't be afraid to be bold enough to stand out from a pile of resumes.

Congrats! How'd that work out?

3|ink

Postby 3|ink » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:16 am

boblawlawblog wrote:Officially made it out of the Vale today. Just landed a fed.dist.clerkship. Couldn't be happier. Persistence and defiance of the naysayers is the key. Also, don't be afraid to be bold enough to stand out from a pile of resumes.

Grats man.

FamilyLawEsq

Postby FamilyLawEsq » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:57 pm

Positions available (4) – Staff Attorney; Location – Philadelphia Starting Salary: entry level $64,820 (CPS CL27/25) Higher classification levels may be available for attorneys with recent and relevant post-graduate legal work experience. Salary step increases are available upon successful completion of applicable requirements.

Application Closing Date – Monday, October 9, 2017

CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT Candidates must be United States citizens, with limited exceptions. Positions with the United States Courts are excepted service appointments that are “at will” and can be terminated with or without cause by the Court. Employee appointments are provisional and contingent upon the satisfactory completion of a background investigation. Direct deposit of pay is required.

The Federal Judiciary recognizes the importance and value of diversity in its workforce. Applicants from diverse groups and backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. The Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit is committed to equal opportunity for all applicants.

For information and application see: http://www.ca3.uscourts.gov/vacancy-announcements for details.

Return to “Legal Employment”